- Certified organic Ingredients
- The indicated colour can be achieved on naturally blond and light brown hair.
- This dye does not contain any bleaching agents
- Henna and indigo are the two plants that give colour.
- Contains herbal extracts such as amla, brahmi and shikakai to nourish and rejuvenate your hair and scalp, improving hair growth, preventing premature greying and removing dandruff.
- cPermanent to semi-permanent dye depending on hair type and lifestyle.
- The indicated colour is a general guide. Colour coverage and final colour will depend on your hair type, hair condition, previous treatments and lifestyle.
- 100% Vegan.
- Certified Halaal
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty and Vegan SA.
- The Wine Red dye is a good shade to use for covering grey.
- You can vary the application time to get shades from a lighter to more vibrant colours, with a longer application time giving more vibrant shades.
- For best results and longer-lasting colour use with a sulphate-free shampoo.
- You can mix the various Love My Hair shades to find the perfect blend for your hair.
- This shade contains the plant dye Madder, and it is especially important to rinse the dye mixture out of your hair completely before shampooing. If this is not done, the colour will ‘bleed’ afterwards.
- If you are used to using ordinary chemical dyes, your hair may feel dry after switching to natural dye. This is normal, and a Coconut Oil treatment will restore moisture to your hair. Please use the organic, extra-virgin variety though.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will determine the correct application time and give you an idea of the final colour.
- It is not recommended to bleach your hair after using this dye.
- Apply to freshly washed dry or slightly damp hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the dye.
- Add between 300-380 ml of warm water to the powder and mix to a smooth consistency, similar to that of custard.
- Wearing your gloves, apply the dye to your hair in sections, starting at the roots. Apply it thickly especially on grey areas.
- Pile your hair on top of your head, cover with clingwrap and wrap a towel around your head. This keeps the dye tightly packed on your roots and also keeps your head warm which helps with dye release.
- Wipe any excess dye from your hairline and ears.
- Leave dye to develop for 1-4 hours, as determined by your strand test.
- Rinse your hair until the water runs clear (this is very important, if you don’t do this the colour may ‘bleed’ afterwards) and then shampoo and condition.
- 1 x 100g Packet Wine Red Hair Dye.
- 1 x 10 ml Sachet Clarifying Shampoo (For before dye application).
- 1 x 10 ml Sachet Sulphate-Free Shampoo (To wash out dye).
- 1 x Instruction Leaflet.
- 1 x Application Gloves.
- *Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria), *Henna (Lawsonia inermis), *Madder (Rubia spp.) *Amla (Emblica officinalis), *Shikakai (Acacia concinna), *Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), *Bahera (Terminalia bellerica), *Harad (Terminalia chebula), *Bhringraj (Eclipta alba).
- *Certified organic.
8 out of 9 people would recommend this product18/02/2020, By DebbieIt's a great product in terms of how my hair felt after I'd coloured it, really soft and silky. My only concerns are: 1. I've been using Henna for years and only discovered after I'd bought the product that in the instructions it warns that Henna coats the hair follicle & prevents the colour being absorbed. They recommend that you let the henna dyed hair grow out first, but that's not an option for me as I'm really not keen on walking around with a head of half dyed hair & half grey hair. Urgh! So I used the product anyway and true to their word, the colour only took really well at the roots where there was no Henna dyed hair. Also, in the instructions it advises that in some instances with grey hair, where one is using certain colours ( I think they're called "fashion colours") that one should use x2 colours ( different ref. nos. ) to get better coverage. I know this is a lot of info. but had I known, or at least had access to read a scanned product guide, I would have thought twice about purchasing the product as it doesn't suite my personal criteria.31/10/2019, By NixI have curly hair and is attempting to improve the condition of my hair, and get better curls and less frizz. Using this product in stead of chemical hair dye, is definitely a step in the right direction. I am very happy with the result. The small leaflet inside the box explains the process very well.31/05/2019, By BronI am unsure at my thoughts on this product, i think the box is a bot misleading as it doesnt mention the process of dyeing hair, which is not that easy! Its a very tedious and messy process.
Not much description on the box of process to dye hair
Very messy procedure that takes long
Drippy hair dye, dye gets EVERYWHERE
Gloves are not very helpful and fall off often
Hair dyeing process involves cling wrap, and preferred method of making hair set is a stand dryer for at least an hour and a half (i used a good old fashioned one) - no mention on box
Grassy hair smell - still exists and this is my third wash
not tested on animals
can reuse rinse water in your garden
Hair feels in great condition - naturally shiny, not dry
Really beautiful natural colour
The process of dyeing your hair with this product is NOT easy, its a long process, just be aware of that. but the result is beautiful. i just suggest the manufacturers make people more aware of that on the box....22/11/2017, By GiuliaI love the colour and how it leaves your hair. The only part that discourages me a bit is that you actually have to basically take a day, especially if you have fairly long hair, since it must stay on for 1 to 4 hours (I usually leave it on 3, considering that it takes me almost one hour to apply). So, wonderful results, but a bit of a mission to get it. If you're patient, it's worth it. Just have some cotton handy, as after a while it starts licking during the wait.29/08/2017, By HermienThis is such a wonderful product, my hair is silky soft and shiny!! Thank you so much!!20/08/2017, By DemI used this today and my hair has never felt this smooth and strong before this product. The only reason i gave a 4 and not a 5 is that the application process is long and messy. I did mine outside in front of a mirror. The colour is beautiful and my hair is so glossy. I will never go back to salon dye or chemical box dye.07/01/2016, By NompumeleloI am so disappointed with this dye. Within a week of colouring my hair, I could not tell that i had dyed my hair. I moisturise my hair everyday with a water-based moisturiser, maybe that could be the culprit...The colour did not last at all. I have short so i only used half the dye. I will dye my hair again in two months and see if the colour will take and last.13/10/2015, By TammieThis is the best hair dye I have ever used. It takes a while to apply, but it is worth it. It lasts much, much longer than the chemical dye I used to use.20/02/2015, By CindySo happy with the results of this dye. Ive used henna before and was never thrilled with the dirty orange/mustard result! This dye, however, is exactly the colour Ive been wanting - a lovely darkish cherry red - just like on the box. It completely and permanently cover grey hairs, but the vibrancy of the colour does fade after several weeks - though grey hairs stay completely covered. And its safe and natural too - unlike most commercial hair dyes. Highly recommend this product.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.