- Colour: Wine Red
- Contains only pure herbal ingredients, all grown in the ‘wild’ without pesticides or chemical fertilisers.
- Contains no chemical ingredients.
- Contains no bleach so cannot lighten your hair.
- Henna and indigo are the two plants that give colour.
- Contains herbal extracts such as amla, brahmi and shikakai to nourish and rejuvenate your hair and scalp, improving hair growth, preventing premature greying and removing dandruff.
- Can be used with Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical dyes.
- Permanent to semi-permanent dye depending on hair type and lifestyle.
- The indicated colour is a general guide. Colour coverage and final colour will depend on your hair type, hair condition, previous treatments and lifestyle.
- Eco-friendly and 100% vegan.
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty.
- Includes latex-free application gloves.
- CANSA approved.
Because Love My Hair 100% Herbal contains no harsh chemicals, results on grey hair cannot be guaranteed. Grey coverage depends on hair condition, texture, previous treatments and the percentage of grey in the hair. Grey hair that is fine in texture seems to take herbal dyes well and usually achieves good coverage in one application. Hair that is thicker in texture may need several applications.
The best colours for covering grey are Light Auburn, Flame Red and Wine Red (if you want a reddish shade) and Dark Brown (if you want a brownish shade).
Another option (if you are not allergic to hair dye chemicals) is to mix the 100% Herbal shades with the Love My Hair Ultra Low Chemical colours. For example, if you have completely grey roots and you want black hair, you can make a dye mixture of half 100% Herbal Soft black and half Ultra Black. This will give you the grey coverage you need with extremely low exposure to chemicals! You can also experiment with reducing the Ultra component of your mixture until you find a ratio that works best for you.
You can also mix the Herbal shades. For example you can make a 50:50 mixture of Herbal Dark Brown and Herbal Soft Black. This can also work well for covering grey.
When it comes to Herbal dyes, some experimentation may be necessary to find the perfect blend for your hair, but its well worth it as these dyes are so good for you!
Herbal dyes release better with heat, so sitting under a salon dryer (with the clingwrap on your head) for 1-1.5 hours gives colour coverage a huge boost.
Bear in mind that if you have used chemical dyes in the past, your hair and scalp may take a little while to adapt to the gentle nature of herbal dyes. Please be patient, your body and hair will thank you.
- You can mix the various shades to find the perfect blend for your hair.
- If products (shampoo, conditioner, wax, gel) containing silicone derivatives (eg Dimethicone) or polymers have been used on your hair, this will prevent the herbal dyes from “taking” on your hair. If silicones or polymers have been used you may need to use a clarifying shampoo before using Love My Hair dyes. Or you can switch to a silicone-free shampoo like Johnsons baby shampoo for a few washes prior to the dye application.
- If you are used to using ordinary chemical dyes, your hair may feel dry after switching to natural dye. This is normal, and a coconut oil treatment will restore moisture to your hair. Please use the organic, extra-virgin variety though.
- Herbal dyes need to oxidise after application. It can sometimes take up to 24-48 hours for your hair to attain its final colour. Please bear this in mind when planning your dye application.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will determine the correct application time and give you an idea of the final colour.
- 100g is enough for one application on collar to shoulder length hair, depending on hair thickness.
- Your colour will lose intensity gradually after a few weeks, but should keep the grey coverage. Every time you use the dye the colour will get richer and more intense.
- Wait 2-4 weeks after other hair treatments before using Love My Hair.
- If your hair has been permed, bleached or straightened it is essential to do a strand test first as these treatments effect the hair structure extensively.
- Apply to freshly washed dry or slightly damp hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the dye.
- Add between 300-380 ml of warm water to the powder and mix to a smooth consistency, similar to that of custard.
- Wearing your gloves, apply the dye to your hair in sections, starting at the roots. Apply it thickly especially on grey areas.
- Pile your hair on top of your head, cover with clingwrap and wrap a towel around your head. This keeps the dye tightly packed on your roots and also keeps your head warm which helps with dye release.
- Wipe any excess dye from your hairline and ears.
- Leave dye to develop for 1-4 hours, as determined by your strand test.
- Rinse your hair until the water runs clear (this is very important, if you don’t do this the colour may ‘bleed’ afterwards) and then shampoo and condition.
Henna (Lawsonia inermis), Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria), Amla (Emblica officinalis), Bahera (Terminalia bellirica), Harad (Terminalia chebula), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Shikakai (Acacia concinna)
5 out of 6 people would recommend this product22/11/2017, By GiuliaI love the colour and how it leaves your hair. The only part that discourages me a bit is that you actually have to basically take a day, especially if you have fairly long hair, since it must stay on for 1 to 4 hours (I usually leave it on 3, considering that it takes me almost one hour to apply). So, wonderful results, but a bit of a mission to get it. If you're patient, it's worth it. Just have some cotton handy, as after a while it starts licking during the wait.29/08/2017, By HermienThis is such a wonderful product, my hair is silky soft and shiny!! Thank you so much!!20/08/2017, By DemI used this today and my hair has never felt this smooth and strong before this product. The only reason i gave a 4 and not a 5 is that the application process is long and messy. I did mine outside in front of a mirror. The colour is beautiful and my hair is so glossy. I will never go back to salon dye or chemical box dye.07/01/2016, By NompumeleloI am so disappointed with this dye. Within a week of colouring my hair, I could not tell that i had dyed my hair. I moisturise my hair everyday with a water-based moisturiser, maybe that could be the culprit...The colour did not last at all. I have short so i only used half the dye. I will dye my hair again in two months and see if the colour will take and last.13/10/2015, By TammieThis is the best hair dye I have ever used. It takes a while to apply, but it is worth it. It lasts much, much longer than the chemical dye I used to use.20/02/2015, By CindySo happy with the results of this dye. Ive used henna before and was never thrilled with the dirty orange/mustard result! This dye, however, is exactly the colour Ive been wanting - a lovely darkish cherry red - just like on the box. It completely and permanently cover grey hairs, but the vibrancy of the colour does fade after several weeks - though grey hairs stay completely covered. And its safe and natural too - unlike most commercial hair dyes. Highly recommend this product.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.