- This simple device fills with water in the cistern, while the toilet functions as it should
- The bag has a small hole on either side, allowing water to flow in and out of the bag, making sure the water stays fresh and does not get stale
- Most toilets do not need the volume of water they use with each flush, they are just inefficiently designed
- This is especially useful in older toilets, where there is no choice of flush volume
Did you know? The average home flushes the toilet at least 10 times per day, using up to 9 litres per flush, that’s 90 litres of water per day, just in the toilet, which is water that cannot be reused in any way. The Hippo Bag reduces the amount of water lost in each flush, which can halve the average household's toilet water usage.
- Open the bag, and push the corners out, making a box shape
- Remove the lid of your cistern
- Turn the empty bag upside down and place the empty bag over the ball float
- Turn the bag onto its side, lowering it into the water, and pushing it underneath the ball float, filling it with water as you do so
- Straighten it beneath the ball float, ensuring that it does not interfere with the normal working of the float
- Flush the toilet, and use a jug to pour about 1 litre of water into the Hippo Bag
- The cistern will fill to its usual level, but the water in the Hippo Bag should displace some water, allowing it to refill with less water after the flush
- To check that the Hippo Bag is not overfilled, flush the toilet and make sure that the water level returns to its original height
- If it does not, remove some water from the Hippo Bag
- Once the correct level is reached, the toilet should work normally, but the total amount lost with each flush will be lower
2 out of 3 people would recommend this product18/05/2018, By SilmaI think the concept is great, but I think it's too pricy for what it actually is (a heavy duty plastic bag with a hole punched into it).21/06/2017, By JaneAmazing product that saves loads of water without any effort. Very inexpensive and I would recommend to everyone.
Just make sure you have a large toilet cistern otherwise the Flush Away product is better suited. I have both in my house.19/06/2017, By AyandaI'm still trying this out awaiting a verdict from 3 months usage. Will come again with my comments. However the concept is fundamentally sound, and is definitely worth trying out
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.