- Exfoliating, conditioning body brush
- Sisal bristles
- Bamboo handle
- Broad handle & strap for a firm grip
- Organic Cotton drawstring bag
- Elegant finishes: gold embossed flower & bee logo
- Removes dead skin cells & promotes overall blood circulation
The Ancient Practice of Body Brushing:
- Body Brushing is an ancient ayurvedic practice. It is believed that dry brushing can detox the body, promote lymphatic cleansing & remove cellular waste products from the body. Body brushing removes dead skin cells, softens the skin, improves skin tone & increases circulation. It is believed that regular body brushing can improve the suppleness & radiance of the skin & reduce the effects of stress on the body. Taking time to exfoliate & care for your skin can promote a sense of connectedness between you & your body.
- If you would like to follow the ayurvedic art of body brushing follow these directions:
- If you are dry brushing, brush before you shower
- Always keep the direction of your stroke towards your heart
- Start at your feet and move up onto your torso & then neck
- Use long sweeping strokes on your arms & legs
- When brushing your arms, begin at the hands & work upwards towards your shoulders
- Massage your stomach & buttocks in clockwise, circular motions
- Apply light pressure on most of the body, especially the neck & chest.
- Firmer pressure can be used over the elbows, knees & feet
- Brush for at least 3-5 minutes, once to twice a week
- Wash the bristles with shampoo every 2 weeks and allow to dry
- Store your brush in a place where it can air dry
- If you use oil with your brush wash after every use
- Be sure not to press too hard.
- Body brushing & exfoliation should be gentle & should never break the skin.
- DO NOT use on sensitive skin, especially eczema or psoriasis
- DO NOT brush on sunburnt, inflamed, or broken skin
- Stop using this product if irritation occurs
Did You Know? The bristles in this body brush are made from sisal which is a stiff, coarse fiber obtained from Agave leaves.
- Cotton bag 10 cm
- Body brush 8 cm
- Sisal bristles & bamboo base
- Organic Cotton drawstring bag
Country of Origin:
- Proudly South African
5 out of 6 people would recommend this product16/08/2021, By BarbaraVery disappointed. Bristles extremely harsh.26/06/2021, By WillieDidnt expect it to work so well. My body felt so nice and alive after using it. Feels so great on my feet. Helos with circulation.28/01/2021, By Janine5/522/12/2020, By ClaireI love this product. It makes my skin feel nice and soft and is easy to use.18/12/2020, By KatherineI love it17/12/2020, By LisI haven't tried many as they are hard to come by for me personally. I found this one a tad bit scratchy. Overall good quality.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.