Key benefits of amaranth:
- Naturally gluten-free (suitable for Paleo/ Banting)
- Higher fibre content than other gluten-free grains
- A rich source of bone-building calcium
- Great source of protein (complete protein, containing all essential amino acids)
- Source of healthy fats (monounsaturated & polyunsaturated)
- Very filling & easy to digest
- No pesticides, additives or sulphur dioxide
Did You Know? The word amaranth means “everlasting” in Greek; the plant got this name because its flowers don’t lose their brightness even after harvesting and drying.
Recipe for Toasted Coconut Amaranth Porridge:
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup Komati Organic Amaranth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1½ cups water
- Pinch of Salt
- Honey to taste
- Toasted slivered Almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spread the coconut flakes on a baking sheet & toast for 5 minutes, or until the coconut has turned golden-brown.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the amaranth & Salt, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; stir in the coconut milk & toasted coconut flakes.
- Stir in Honey & top with Almond slivers.
7 out of 7 people would recommend this product08/06/2021, By AmukelaniThe best breakfast I have ever had.21/01/2021, By BarbaraExcellent for leaky gut, and healthy18/11/2020, By FatimaUsed it before. Always a favourite27/07/2020, By GreenieHealthy06/05/2020, By VictoriaLove this amaranth19/10/2018, By MeganHealthy and allergy free alternative to grains27/04/2018, By SamTasty and packed with nutrients
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.