- 100% natural
- Gluten-free, Paleo-friendly
- No pesticides or GMOs
- Full of flavour
- Source of protein & iron
- High in dietary fibre
- Low GI; low carbohydrate content
- Source of essential fatty acids (including lauric acid)
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Protects heart health
Recipe for Coconut Buttermilk Gravy:
This tasty gravy makes a great accompaniment to traditional South Indian dishes.
- 2cups Komati coconut flakes
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- ½tsp turmeric powder
- 1-5tsp dried red chili (depends on how spicy you want your sauce)
- 4cups buttermilk
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 red chili
- Salt to taste
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and dried chilies very well in a mixer or grinder; add a little buttermilk to make a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining buttermilk and blend the mixture well. Add salt to taste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cooking pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chili.
- Once the mustard seed starts to splutter, pour the gravy into the pan and let it warm for a few seconds (do not boil).
- Turn off the heat and serve warm with steamed rice. Makes 4 servings.
100% natural coconut flakes, sulphur dioxide (preservative)
Please Note: Sulphur dioxide has been used as a preservative for this product
9 out of 10 people would recommend this product12/10/2017, By MaureenI buy this on a regular basis. Great for adding to my home made muesli. Also add it to cookies for my husband (and I do eat one or two of them!)23/09/2017, By TaniaGreat value and taste!12/09/2017, By RebeccaI love that the big flakes stay fresh and don't crumble too easily. Perfect for baking.30/08/2017, By WinifredUsed for smoothies03/09/2016, By DebbieI was very disappointed in this product as it is preserved!!!28/07/2016, By ShafeeqahI toasted these in the oven with cinnamon and erythritol and now have the perfect chip substitute on my lchf lifestyle!
My new favorite thing!09/06/2016, By JeanePerfect for smoothies, tastes great.06/04/2016, By LorenI was so sad to find out that even after checking all the ingredients on the side of cans of coconut milk and choosing the healthier brands EVEN THEN theres the BPA lining that will get you :-/
after googling the whole process of DIY-coconut-milk (risking taking off some fingers opening a coconut, then getting it away from the shell, then peeling the damn thing, then chopping it up) I discovered theres a short cut method of just using coconut flakes - yay!
This stuff is sooooo goood I could weep. Im the worlds worst when it comes to the kitchen, but even I will admit its not that hard and totally worth it!28/08/2015, By JanineI was looking for coconut to make coconut milk, but all I could find was either completely desiccated or loaded with sugar. This flaked coconut is so good, not dried, not sugared, and easy to use. It makes wonderfully flavored coconut milk in the blender, and it toasts up beautifully for a snack.13/05/2015, By MichelleDidn expect it to taste quite this good...so yummy!!!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.