- Steamer made from natural woven bamboo
- Large, two-tier steamer
- Easy, simple method of cooking
- Cook several types of foods at once
- Ideal for cooking dim sum, veggies, rice & couscous
- 1-year warranty
- Place the bamboo steamer into a wok (or a wide-rimmed, shallow pan).
- Fill it with enough water to come up above the bottom rim of the steamer by about 2cm.
- The water must come up high enough to submerge the bottom rim of the steamer in water and prevent it from scorching. But it must also be low enough so that the bubbling water does not touch the bottom of the inside bed of the steamer and the food sitting on it.
- Line the steamer: If you’re placing food directly on the steamer bed (as is the case with dumplings), you will need something to line it with to prevent the food from sticking to the bamboo. Use cabbage leaves, lettuce leaves, paper liners or reusable porous cloth (must be porous to let the steam come through). If you are steaming vegetables & you want to keep the juices then steam in a heatproof dish.
- Place food into the steamer leaving room for the food to expand.
- Place the bamboo steamer into the wok or pan & turn on the heat to gradually bring up the temperature.
- Allow the food to steam for as long as the recipe indicates, but keep an eye on it and add boiling water as needed. Make sure you’re not adding cold water, or it will stop simmering and interrupt the cooking process.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Hand wash only: wash with a sponge & mild dish soap & immediately rinse thoroughly.
- Do not soak it in water in the sink for more than 5 minutes.
- Let the steamer air dry for at least 2 days before storing to prevent any mildew.
- Do not put your bamboo steamer in the dishwasher.
Did you know?
- Dimensions: 25 cm
- Woven bamboo
Country of Origin:
- Made in the United Kingdom
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.