Sprouting is easy and affordable, and can be done all year round, right in your own kitchen. Kitchen Garden’s sesame seeds for sprouting are non-GM and certified organic.
Key benefits of sesame seeds:
- High in selenium, manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus & calcium
- A great source of zinc, which promotes bone health
- Source of antioxidants like sesamol & sesaminol, which fight free radicals
- Sesame seeds contain higher amount of phytosterol compounds than other seeds & nuts; phytosterols help to lower bad LDL cholesterol
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Sprouted Sesame Milk:
- 2 cups sprouted unhulled sesame seeds
- 4-8 dates
- Vanilla essence to taste
- Filtered water
- Put the sesame seeds in a food processor with the dates, vanilla & 5-6 cups of water. Blend on high until smooth & creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Strain the milk; add more dates & a pinch of cardamom for a sweet, spicy flavour. Sip & enjoy!
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product23/11/2017, By TaliDon't know yet. Have not tried it. Will let you know as soon as i have.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.