Swiss chard’s key nutritional benefits:
- Very low in calories but high in nutrients
- Packed full of vitamin K, promoting cardiovascular health
- Great source of vitamin C, for skin health & strong immunity
- A great source of the carotenoids lutein & zeaxanthin, which promote eye health & skin health
- High in minerals like manganese & zinc; has antioxidant & anti-inflammatory properties
Advantages of sprouting:
- Neutralises the “anti-nutrients” like phytic acid & enzyme inhibitors
- Boosts nutrient density
- Improves digestibility
- Increases alkalinising properties
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Fruity Swiss Chard Smoothie:
- 2 small ripe pears, cored & chopped
- 1 cup sprouted Swiss chard
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup frozen raspberries & blueberries
- ½Tbsp chia seeds
- 1Tbsp hemp powder
- Simply combine all ingredients in a food processor & blend until smooth.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Swiss chard is not recommended for sprouting in jars. Grow on a moist sprouting mat, with regular misting.
- Keep your growing sprouts in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.