What makes pistachios so good for you?
- More potassium & vitamin K per serving than other nuts
- High in protein & fibre; a filling snack
- Source of vitamin B6, needed to make haemoglobin
- Rich in vitamin E, a potent antioxidant
- Help to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) & increase HDL (good cholesterol)
- Source of lutein & zeaxanthin; 2 carotenoids that promote healthy eyesight
- High in phosphorus, which promotes better glucose tolerance
- Close to 90% of the fat found in pistachios is healthy monounsaturated & polyunsaturated fat
Did You Know? The pistachio is known as “the happy nut” in China, and “the smiling nut” in Iran.
Recipe for Pistachio Gelato:
- 2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 65g Kitchen Garden Pistachio Butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½tsp lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- Simmer the milk & lemon peel in a saucepan. Remove from heat & allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sugar & salt until light & fluffy. Whisk in the lemon-milk & return to the heat.
- Cook the mixture until it starts to thicken; mix in the pistachio butter, whisking well.
- Chill in the freezer, either in a dish or ice lolly moulds. Serve & enjoy!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.