A few good reasons to eat more pine nuts (or pine nut butter):
- Source of CCK (cholecystokinin), a hormone that acts as a natural appetite suppressant
- Source of pinoleic acid, which helps you feel fuller for longer & stops you snacking
- High in protein & magnesium; an excellent source of energy
- High in iron for healthy blood, & copper which helps with iron absorption
- Contains lutein & beta-carotene, which promote healthy eyesight
- A great source of vitamin K, for healthy circulation & blood clotting
- Rich in heart-healthy fatty acids
Recipe for Pine Nut Vinaigrette:
- 60g Kitchen Garden Pine Nut Butter
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 2Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3Tbsp minced shallots
- ½tsp orange zest
- Salt & pepper
- Simply combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature; will keep for up to 4 days if refrigerated.
- Great tossed with greens or citrus slices!
Raw pine nuts
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.