Key nutrients in hazelnuts:
- High in copper, essential for iron absorption
- High in manganese, for healthy bone formation
- Exceptionally high folate content; great for healthy pregnancy & heart health
- Excellent source of antioxidant vitamin E
- High in fibre, for healthy digestion
- Plant-based source of iron & protein
- Source of proanthocyanidins (the highest content of any nut), which combat blood clots & urinary tract infections
Recipe for Spicy Hazelnut Sauce:
- 85g Kitchen Garden Hazel Nut Butter
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Purée the nut butter in a blender together with the water, vinegar & seasonings, until smooth & creamy.
- While blending, add the olive oil in a slow stream & blend until emulsified.
- A great dressing for fish or veggie dishes.
Raw blanched hazel nuts
4 out of 4 people would recommend this product31/12/2017, By DemiSo divine. Tastes like heaven in a jar.21/11/2017, By KetoCrazyDelicious in smoothies or just straight out of the jar. Compliments a savory flax seed cracker perfectly.02/06/2017, By AmandaThis didn't last long, it's really tasty!14/08/2015, By Lorenyou can sit skinning roasted hazelnuts til your fingers bleed ....... orrrrrrrr you can just gooi this hazelnut butter with some coconut oil (odourless), honey / maple syrup and vanilla extract (optional: almond milk, pinch of salt)
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.