Kitchen Garden pumpkin seeds are:
- Non-GM & certified organic
- High in fibre & antioxidants
- High in heart-healthy magnesium
- Alkalising to the body’s pH
- Packed with omega 3 fatty acids
- A great source of blood-building iron
- A rich source of zinc (helps to promote prostate health in men)
- An easily digestible protein source; great for stabilising blood sugar
- Source of tryptophan, an amino acid that promotes better sleep
- Source of phytosterol compounds which help to lower cholesterol
Sprouting your pumpkin seeds really helps to maximise these health benefits, by boosting their nutrient density and alkalising properties. It also makes them easier to digest.
Sprouts are a great example of “medicinal” foods, and they can be grown easily and affordably all year round!
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Sprouted Pumpkin Pesto:
- 1 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp raw honey
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1tsp sea salt
- Put all your ingredients into a food processor & blend until very smooth.
- Serve with flax crackers or julienned veggies.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.