Mung beans are a fantastic vegan and vegetarian source of protein. They also contain an abundance of healthful vitamins and minerals.
Key nutrients found in mung beans:
- Vitamin C; boosts collagen for a younger complexion, strengthens immune system
- Vitamin K; promotes normal blood clotting & healthy bones
- Iron; carries oxygen to the blood, regulates immune response
- Folate; a B vitamin that helps your body to make healthy red blood cells
- Manganese; strengthens connective tissues
- Copper; boosts immunity & improves iron absorption
By sprouting your mung beans, you can significantly boost their nutritional value, and make it easier for your body to digest and absorb all that nourishing goodness!
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Sprouted Mung Bean Sauté:
- 1¼ cup sprouted mung beans
- 1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½tsp black mustard seeds
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- ¼tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 2Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat; add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds pop, turn down the heat to medium & add the garlic, ginger, turmeric & cayenne. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until just before the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the sprouted mung beans, tomatoes, salt & water; mix well. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low.
- Cover with a lid & cook the beans for 20 minutes. (Add a little more water if the mixture gets dry.)
- Mix in the lemon juice & season with black pepper to taste. Serve over rice or quinoa, or topped with a dollop of fresh yoghurt.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product01/11/2014, By GrahamThe highest possible yield #8305; have ever had. If I am not happy, the fault lies in me
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.