What makes flax seeds so nutritious?
- A complete protein source, containing every essential acid your body needs.
- Packed with Omega 3 fatty acids, which protect the heart & promote healthy cholesterol levels.
- One of the best plant-based sources of lignans, known for their disease-fighting properties & anti-carcinogenic potential.
- A source of soluble & insoluble fibre, which promote healthy digestion.
Did You Know? 50g of flax seed contains about the same amount of Omega 3 as 3oz of salmon!
Sprouting your flax seeds gives you the following benefits:
- Boosts nutrient density
- Improves digestibility
- Increases alkalinising properties
- Neutralises the “anti-nutrients” ie phytic acid & enzyme inhibitors
Sprouting is convenient, affordable and can be done all year round, right on your kitchen windowsill!
Please note that flax seed is categorised as "gelatinous" types and will not sprout using the jar method.
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Fruity Flax Smoothie for Two:
- 2Tbsp sprouted flax seeds
- 1 cup soya milk
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 5-10 drops lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberries, chilled & roughly chopped
- ½cup bananas, chilled & roughly chopped
- 5tsp raw honey
- To garnish: 4 strawberries & 4 bananas slices , threaded on 2 skewers
- Combine the soya milk, lemon juice, fruit, flax seeds & honey in a blender; mix until smooth & frothy.
- Divide the smoothie between 2 glasses.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a fruit skewer in each glass.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Flax is not recommended for sprouting in jars. Grow on a sprouting mat, with regular misting.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.