About Kitchen Garden chia seeds:
- Certified organic
- A rich source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Full of dietary fibre for healthy digestion
- A good source of protein
- Promote a feeling of fullness & satiety; great for weight loss
- Good for regulating blood sugar & lowering cholesterol
- Packed with protective, free radical-fighting antioxidants
- A rich source of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium & manganese
Did You Know? Chia seeds make an excellent vegan-friendly egg replacer! Mix 1Tbsp chia seeds with 3Tbsp water, and leave to sit for 15 minutes; the mixture will form a gel that you can use to bind your baked goods.
Please note that chia seed is categorised as "gelatinous" types and will not sprout using the jar method.
Benefits of sprouting chia seeds:
- Convenient; can be grown all year round in your own kitchen
- Economical; a small amount of seeds for a high yield
- Low in calories, high in nutrients
- Low glycaemic index (GI)
- Sprouting improves alkalinity, vitamin content & enzyme content
- Sprouts are a rich source of fibre, antioxidants & oxygen, promoting cell health
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Strawberry Chia Spread:
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup raw honey
- Bring all ingredients to a boil on the stove.
- Reduce heat slightly so that the mixture bubbles gently. The seeds burn easily, so stir constantly!
- Stir & boil until the mixture has thickened & reduced by half.
- Pour into a sterilised glass jar & allow to cool for 1 hour. Place in the fridge overnight to continue cooling.
- Spread on toast or crackers & enjoy!
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Chia is not recommended for sprouting in jars. Grow on a sprouting mat, with regular misting.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.