- Sleek ceramic design
- White glazing guarantees long term hygiene as no liquids will be absorbed by the ceramic pores
- No vinegar or heat is used, only vegetables and a salt brine
- The Fermenta works with lactic acid fermentation, which is an anaerobic process where oxygen has to be excluded
- When filled, the water/oil gutter seal system locks oxygen out of the crock pot and allows the naturally created carbon dioxide to escape
- Weights are supplied to help keep all food stuffs below the surface of the brine solution to keep fermentation even and consistent
- To ferment most vegetables you simply need to cut and or shred the vegetables
- Pack them tightly into the Fermenta fermentation crock pot
- Add a salt brine, and herbs and/or spices
- Cover with the supplied weights
- Put the lid on
- Fill the gutter with either water or oil to create an oxygen barrier
- Place in coolest place in the house and ferment until desired flavour and texture are achieved
- The brine should turn cloudy and bubbly, and the pickles should taste sour once ready
- Have a look at some of Fermenta's recipe suggestions and fermentation tips here
- Fermentation is the result of an anaerobic yeast or bacteria metabolism. This means that the process must take place without oxygen. The water-gutter sealing system ensures that oxygen cannot enter the pot to spoil the fermentation process. So, make sure to fill the gutter to ensure safe fermentation.
- Keep your Fermenta in the coolest part of the house, especially in the summer.
- Store in bottles in the fridge. If a white film develops on the top of the brine just rinse off before eating - this is harmless
Who should be eating fermented foods? Short answer: everyone. Long answer: fermented foods are rich in helpful micro- flora and fauna. These microorganisms are essential for health in the gut and the whole body too. They regulate ph levels and crowd out illness causing bugs, giving them no room to take hold. Anyone who is suffering from stomach microbial imbalances is certainly not eating any fermented foods.
- Capacity: 2 litres
- Size: 14 cm length x 13.5 cm breadth x 17.7 cm height
- Total packaged weight: 2.26 kg
- Fermenta Fermentation Crock Pot weight: 2.05 kg
- Ceramic, white glazing
Country of Origin:
People’s Republic of China
7 out of 7 people would recommend this productA lot of veg can be packed into this baby. It's pretty deceiving really. My problem is I like to SEE what is going on, so have to learn to trust now!19/08/2019, By KimA lot of veg can be packed into this baby. It's pretty deceiving really. My problem is I like to SEE what is going on, so have to learn to trust now!06/07/2019, By ChelleThe container is well-made, but I dont know how to justify paying so much for it !
It isn't a big container, but certainly big enough to get done what needs to be done.
Once again, despite that, i cannot justify the price !30/04/2019, By GwynJust starting to ferment veggies and this product seems the perfect introduction. Sleek, clean looking and fits perfectly into kichen decor.02/04/2019, By SuzanneSuper product, perfect size and a good price compared to other crocks available online. Great service as usual from FTN.18/03/2019, By Star flightPerfect for making any kind of fermented foods. The seal works perfectly so I don't have to worry about bacteria getting into the jar. And despite it's smallish size, it can fit tones of veg! Very happy with it.13/09/2018, By CatI have searched for a fermenta and was thrilled to find this one, first batch of cabbage is in; it was easy to use and looks great in the kitchen too23/05/2018, By JuanitaThe instructions are very clear and the Fermenta Crock Pot is easy to use. What a wonderful way to add fermented products to our diet. The Sauerkraut came out delicious. Love this product.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.