- Keeps your cheese fresher for longer
- Hemp is antimicrobial and UV resistant
- Hemp is also naturally resistant to mildew and mold
- Hemp is perfectly suited to let your cheeses breathe
- Hemp keeps in sufficient moisture to prevent your cheeses from drying out
- Excellent addition to your farmer’s market dairy runs
- More reliable than paper which easily rips
- More ecofriendly than plastic
- Twine drawstring adds extra rustic flair
- Handmade in South Africa
- Wax free, suitable for vegans
- Place your favourite cheese in the bag and pull the drawstring shut
- When you start to notice butter fat stains on the outside of the bag, it's time for a wash
- Machine washable
- Hand wash preferable
- Wash in cold water, and air dry
- Do not tumble dry
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 26 cm
- Hemp, Twine
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
3 out of 9 people would recommend this product06/06/2019, By SueJust purchased a second one for my cheese. Despite what some of the reviews have mentioned, I LOVE it. If you are buying good quality cheese (not the waxy type), this bag will have no problems keeping your cheese delicious and fresh. Very happy with this purchase.15/04/2019, By MirielI am back now after much more use of this cheese bag. I initially posted a very positive review with some tips, but a cheese block or two after that I was just not able to get consistent results. I had some cheese go moldy and some get super dry - whilst some did better than previous storage methods.
I just could not get reliable results, so I've thrown in the towel until I am ready to face cheese storage again! >.<
That being said, I'm going to use my cheese bag as a garlic / potato / onion bag. I'm sure that should work and I won't have wasted the bag.13/03/2019, By ElkeThis keeps my cheddar fresh and yummy. Goodbye plastic bags. Great purchase.11/02/2019, By ShannonUpdate: While I still wouldn't recommend this product to a friend for keeping cheese fresh, I would recommend it for keeping potatoes fresh! I didn't try it again for cheese, but also didn't want it to go to waste so I thought I'd put my potatoes in it. Works like a charm! I'm that person whose potatoes grow sprouty bits after a week, but the cheese bag prevents this. The Cheese Bag now has a new lease on life :)14/01/2019, By MichelleMy cheese dried out within a day to the point I had to throw it away. I see another reviewer said the second block of cheese was fine, just seems a bit wasteful that every time you are going to need to wash it you will have to sacrifice a block of cheese to get it to a state where it will work again.11/01/2019, By GerdaStarted using this product on Monday. My cheese dried out immediately and the toggle doesn't keep the bag closed (drawstring not thick enough). However, I will try previous reviewer's suggestions - thank you for that. At this stage I won't recommend the cheese bag to any friends.10/01/2019, By TiffanyIt may be a user issue but the cheese dried out and went hard.15/11/2018, By MirielI have been using this cheese bag for just over a month. As with the review by Shannon, the first block of cheese dried out a fair amount. I was happy to try it again with the next block of cheese seeing as I usually had to contend with mold. I was willing to troubleshoot dryness instead of mold. What I found:
1. The second block of cheese survived much better with hardly any drying.
2. You mustn't wash the bag after you have finished your cheese. The instructions say "When you start to notice butter fat stains on the outside of the bag, it's time for a wash". Trust them. It really helped that second block of cheese.
3. I found winding the rope around the bag opening after pulling it closed and hooking the rope on the toggle helped with dryness.
I know it sounds like admin for a block of cheese, but you get the hang of it. Open cheese bag, use cheese, close cheese bag, wind and hook. The mold alternative was definitely worse. The bag also feels cleaner than any container I've used for cheese as moisture seemed to find its way in eventually, and is easier to work with than plastic.15/11/2018, By ShannonI was disappointed with this product. While it's well-made, a good size and eco friendly, it definitely does not keep cheese from drying out. I so badly want to move away from plastic wrap, and was so hopeful that this product would the solution, but it's not. My cheese dried out almost immediately. Maybe I'm not understanding how this works, but unless I clingfilm the cheese first, it's not going to work as stated. Disappointing.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.