- Wooden bee hotel
- Single unit design with colourful pitched roof
- A safe nesting & breeding structure for solitary bees
- A safe place for young solitary bees to grow to maturity
- Holes of various sizes mimic those found in the wild
- Provides access for different varieties of solitary bees
- Quick & easy to hang
- Does not attract honey bee colonies
- A great way to support the threatened bee population
- Attracts docile, gentle pollinators to your garden
Did you know? There are close to 1000 solitary bee species in South Africa. Unlike honey bees, they don’t rely on a Queen for breeding; they live independently and need their own private space to breed. Most solitary bee species are stingless, and they tend to be very passive and gentle.
How it works:
- A female solitary bee selects a hole of the right size & depth to be her breeding nest
- From her chosen nest, the female will fly back & forth in your garden to collect pollen & nectar
- She will mix the pollen & nectar into a paste & place it at the back of the hole
- She will lay her eggs close to this mixture, to give her young the nourishment they need
- After “filling the pantry” & laying her eggs, she will seal up the hole with various natural materials, then fly off
- The young bees will grow up safely in the nest, feeding on the pollen & nectar mix until they’re old enough to break through the sealed door & fly off
- Congratulations you’ve helped a new generation of bees to flourish into adulthood!
- Single unit
Country of Origin
Made in South Africa
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.