- Determine the number of seed kernels you will need, based on the turbidity & volume of the water to be purified. In general, 1-3 seed kernels will treat 1L of water. Very cloudy water may require more.
- Discard the shell casings (seed coat) from your seeds & set aside.
- Crush the seed kernels using a mortar or food processor, until you have a fine powder.
- Mix the seed powder with a little clean water, to form a paste.
- Mix the paste with about 1 cup of clean water in a bottle; shake to make a solution.
- Filter this solution into the turbid water, using a fine muslin cloth or mesh screen.
- Stir the water rapidly for approx. 1 minute, then slowly for approx. 10 minutes.
- Let the water sit undisturbed for at least 1-2 hours.
- Carefully pour the clean water from the top (the contaminants will have settled to the bottom).
- This clean water can then be filtered or sterilised for use in cooking or drinking.
Caution: Moringa does not remove all water pathogens, just a large percentage.
- 50g (enough seeds to purify approx. 50L of water)
Moringa oleifera seeds
Country of Origin
Made in South Africa
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.