- Helps to normalise lipid, glucose and energy balance
- Clinically proven to reduce fasting blood sugar levels
- Berberine has been used as far back as 3000 years ago in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic practices
- Found to be as effective as pharmaceuticals such as metformin in the treatment of metabolic dysfunction
- 100% natural
- Gentle and non-acidic
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Contains no sugar, gluten or preservatives
- Non GMO and soya free
Berberine may help with:
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Hepatic (liver) function
- Inflammation and inflammatory disorders
- 500mg x 1 per day with main meal for a maximum of 8 weeks
- 500mg x 2 per day with breakfast, and dinner, or with main meals for a minimum of 3 months
- 500mg x 3 per day with main meals for a minimum of 3 months
- Berberine should not be used during pregnancy or by those breastfeeding
- Berberine should not be used concurrently with antibiotics
- Individuals one medications used to manage hypertension, cholesterol and diabetes or with pre-existing health conditions
- Berberine supplementation should be managed by a medical practitioner
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight
Did you know? Berberine has many functions but the function believed to be most beneficial to human health is its ability to activate an enzyme called adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK). Activating AMPK stimulates ketogenesis, muscular glucose uptake, inhibition of cholesterol formation, and modulates insulin secretion.
- 60 x Vegetable Capsules
- Active Ingredients: 500mg Berberine HCL, 25mg Origine8, 25mcg Chromium
- Inactive Ingredients: Vegetable Cellulose (vegetarian capsule), Vegetable Stearate, Silica
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
5 out of 6 people would recommend this product09/07/2019, By NathanExcellent product, helps to lower your blood sugar, and with the right diet, it can assist with weight loss. In response the those saying it has a bitter taste, I can't say I identify with this. I take Berberine before meals, and swallow it immediately with water. Perhaps once there was some bitter residue on the capsule, but I was able to wipe that off quickly, or just ignore the flavour. Really enjoy this product!03/07/2019, By Coyne HealthcareThank you for your feedback - they do say bitter medicine is the best medicine!
Berberine is an alkaloid that tastes extremely bitter, we do our best to remove any excess powder from the outside of the capsules but unfortunately some residue remains. Just know that the bitter taste is actually beneficial for your digestive function, in our modern diets we do not eat enough bitter foods which actually stimulate the release of digestive "juices".
I recommend that you consume your Bio-Berberine immediately before meals which should reduce this side-effect.
As with any medications it is always important to check for interactions and to exercise care.
For more information, please contact us : email@example.com or 021-421-914419/06/2019, By CandleflossThis is a phenomenal supplement which my functional nutritionist recommended for blood sugar and energy delivery. I have recently started using it to combat my migraines. It's not a complete cure, but it definitely reduces the inflammation and pain. And that's just a symptom-related benefit. It's doing so much more good internally that I am not even aware of. The taste is disgusting but one can chase it down with stevia or honey. It is recommneded to be taken with meals.08/01/2019, By Hooked on BerberineBerberine was prescribed to me as a powerful antiinflammatory by a naturopath some years ago. I had a sports injury and on taking Berberine my injury cleared up in 48 hours. Have to have berberine in my cupboard at all times, Highly recommend this product as an anti-inflammatory03/01/2019, By SusanneI read the previous review and I agree that it tastes gross. Also, for me, it keeps coming back up. However, after keeping it down, it definitely suppresses my hunger; which is great. I have been struggling with PCOS and have always had cravings. This helps a lot with not over eating. Do your own research, however; because it does slow down the liver and causes interactions between medications. I have experienced this too when taking allergy meds that usually don't knock me out, but made me very drowsy this time around.25/11/2018, By ReneeThis is literally a very bitter pill to swallow - pity it can't be made to have no bitter taste?
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.