- Valerian root: used as a folk remedy for a variety of conditions such as sleeping problems, digestive complaints, nervousness, trembling, tension headaches and heart palpitations
- Skullcap: a powerful medicinal herb, it is used in alternative medicine as an anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, slightly astringent, emmenagogue, febrifuge, nervine, sedative and strongly tonic. Some valuable constituents found in the plant are Scutellarin, Catalpol, other volatile oils, bitter iridoids and Tannins. Scientific studies are proving this to be a valuable plant in many areas for mental disorders. Skullcap is used in the treatment of a wide range of nervous conditions including epilepsy, insomnia, hysteria, anxiety, deleriumtremens, withdrawal from barbiturates an tranquilisers.
- Lemon balm: used to sooth tention, mood disorders, palpitations and releves and relaxes muscles – nervous agitation, sleeping problems, the volatile oils in lemon balm contain chemicals that relax muscles, particularly in the bladder, stomach and uterus, relieving cramps, gas and nausea
- Oat straw: is a known Nervine, meaning it soothes and nourishes the central nervous system. It is helpful in treating anxiety, insomnia and nervousness, and calms excessive nervous energy. It can soothe an over stressed nervous system providing cantered calm energy. The B vitamins that it contains is one reason that oat straw has such a beneficial action
- Passion flower: known as passiflora incarnata, it is a plant that provides a calming essence to the body. The Peruvians used the flower as a sedative, and has been used to treat restlessness and agitation, and is commonly used to treat anxiety
- Hop flowers: their volatile oil produces sedative and soporific effects known to reduce anxiety, and promote good sleeping
- Cowslip: has been used as sedative tea to treat hyperactivity and insomnia. And is a known remedy for anxiety because of its sedating effect
Did you know? The name valerian may have come from the Latin “valere” meaning "to be strong" or "to be in good health." Chaucer called the herb setewale, and other common names include all-heal, vandal root, and Capon's tail.
- Take as directed on the packaging
- Valerian root, skullcap, Lemon Balm, oat straw, passion flower, hop flowers, cowslip
5 out of 6 people would recommend this product21/01/2021, By GigiReally works for me. Sleep soundly and no grogginess in the morning. Loving it.12/11/2020, By LDidn’t do anything for me at all09/11/2020, By CharmaineI've been struggling with fibromyalgia for months now. This product, combined with some other natural supplements and the right diet has brought me almost instant relief. I recommend it to anyone who is suffering with this condition.03/09/2020, By NickyHelped a little for me.24/05/2020, By BeverleyVery disappointing - really doesn't work for me. With so many ingredients I had hoped for good results.
07/03/2018, By Karienits works very weel for me, i drink 2 at night
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.