Wheat germ, also known as cereal germ, is most nutritiously powerful part of the wheat kernel. Here’s a look at the key nutrients found in Health Connection Wheat Germ:
- B vitamins & folic acid: Promote the health of your heart, brain & blood.
- Vitamin E: Antioxidant, protects cell membranes & combats free radical damage.
- Fibre: Promotes weight loss, regular digestion, blood sugar control, cholesterol control.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Lower cholesterol, combat inflammation, promote nervous system health.
- Phytosterols: These natural steroid compounds lower unhealthy cholesterol & protect the heart.
Wheat germ is also loaded with beneficial minerals, including iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, manganese and selenium.
Did You Know? Wheat germ is the part of the seed that germinates into a fully grown plant, hence its name.
Please Note: Wheat germ will become rancid if note properly stored. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe for Tropical Fruits Smoothie with Wheat Germ:
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1Tbsp Health Connection Wheat Germ
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ banana
- 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients except the wheat germ into a blender & blend until smooth & creamy.
- Stir in the wheat germ & serve immediately. The wheat germ will add nutritional power to your smoothie, without affecting the taste.
Wheat germ (contains gluten)
Packed in a facility where peanuts and tree nuts may be present.
Nutritional information (per 10g serving):
- Energy: 143kJ
- Protein: 2.6g
- Glycaemic carbohydrate: 4g
- of which total sugars: 1.3g
- Total fat: 0.8g
- of which saturated fat: 0.1g
- of which trans fat: <0.001g
- of which monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- of which polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Dietary fibre: 1.2g
- Total sodium: <1mg
3 out of 3 people would recommend this productStrong, reusable packaging. I use it mainly in my smoothies for added fibre but sometimes add to my baking just for a different texture and again to boost the fibre content.16/10/2017, By KimStrong, reusable packaging. I use it mainly in my smoothies for added fibre but sometimes add to my baking just for a different texture and again to boost the fibre content.19/09/2017, By ReneThis product is great in smoothies, and is a natural energy booster!
Can definitely recommend.23/04/2016, By RalfI recently ordered 5 packs of Wheat Germ. The order was placed in the evening and the goods were courier-delivered to my door the next afternoon. Painless, quick and cheaper than driving to a health store (if they have stock), finding parking etc.
I will definitely buy from Faithful to Nature again.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.