- Ferment & then safely compost food waste
- 25L recycling bin for food waste
- Anaerobic fermentation
- Eliminates bad smells
- This can be used to ferment raw & cooked food, dairy, small bones, citrus, eggshells, seafood, & meat.
- Best used with Green Vizion’s probiotic Bokashi Bran
- Made in South Africa
- Add food waste* between layers of Bokashi Bar in the recycling bin.
- Add your food waste to the first recycle bin/composter and sprinkle a generous handful of Bokashi on top of the food waste.
- Alternative this each time to form layers.
- Keep the recycle bin in your kitchen and make sure the lids properly closed and airtight at all times.
- Regularly drain off the nutrient-rich tea/leachate.
- Dilute this tea in water (1 part tea to 100 parts water), and water your plants or use neat to keep drains clean.
- Once the recycle bin is full, start using your second recycle bin or composter.
- Store the full bun in a convenient place indoors out of direct sunlight and regularly drain off nutrient rich bokashi tea and use as needed.
- After 2 weeks, empty the recycle bin or composter and add to your garden compost, or dig into the soil.
- You can create your own enriched soil this way.
- *This includes raw & cooked food, dairy, small bones, citrus, eggshells, seafood, & meat!
How does it work?
- Bokashi bran is full of beneficial microorganisms that help to ferment food scraps; the process is anaerobic (it takes place without air), breaking down your kitchen waste into nutrient-rich soil food without letting it rot or releasing a bad odour. When your scraps have been fermented, you can then add the end product to your flower pots, compost heap or worm bin where it will then be exposed to air and small animals (worms & insects) and become compost. This is such a simple way to make your household more sustainable, and use your kitchen waste in an eco-friendly way.
Please Note: Once the Recycle Bin is full, it will need to stand unopened for 2 weeks to complete the fermentation process. Ideally, your kitchen should have 2 Green Vizion Bins or containers, so you can use one while the other is left to stand.
- Size: 25 Litre
- Made from plastic that is recyclable.
Country of Origin:
- Proudly South Africa.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.