- Traditional Japanese style of composting, using anaerobic fermentation
- Speeds up the natural composting process
- Provides nutrient-rich plant-food for your bonsais, flowers, and other potted plants
- Can be used with any of your existing composting bins
- Recycles all food waste, both raw & cooked food
- No nasty smells, can be kept in your kitchen
- Best used with Green Vizion’s probiotic Bokashi Bran
How many Bokashi bins do I need?
- The most efficient method is to use two Bokashi bins, so that you can continue to dispose of your organic waste while fermenting a separate full bin.
- Add your food waste to the first recycle bin/composter and sprinkle a generous handful of Bokashi on top of the food waste.
- Alternative this each time to form layers.
- Keep the recycle bin in your kitchen and make sure the lids properly closed and airtight at all times.
- Regularly drain off the nutrient rich tea/leachate.
- Dilute this tea in water (1 part tea to 100 parts water), and water your plants or use neat to keep drains clean.
- Once the recycle bin is full, start using your second recycle bin or composter.
- Store the full bun in a convenient place indoors out of direct sunlight and regularly drain off nutrient rich bokashi tea and use as needed.
- After 2 weeks, empty the recycle bin or composter and add to your garden compost, or dig into the soil.
- You can create your own enriched soil this way.
- Bokashi Bin Contains: 1 x 20 Litre Bin, 1 x Lid, 1 x Internal Straining Tray, 1 x Draining Tap.
- Dimensions: ~320 mm (Diameter), ~320 mm (Height)
- Total Capacity: 20 Litres
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
3 out of 4 people would recommend this product06/01/2021, By EstherAfter 3 uses the lid is not airtight anymore. I can not recommend this product.15/11/2020, By LisaH05/08/2020, By AnnaToo early to tell whether it’ll do good in my garden, but happy with the quality of the bin so far!29/03/2020, By GreenWonderful
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.