White basmati rice is:
- A source of energy & fibre
- Very low in fat
- Versatile & easy to cook
Did You Know? Basmati rice is a unique species of rice that originates in India. Its distinctive aroma is caused by the presence of a chemical called 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, which is abundant in basmati rice.
Recipe for Authentic Indian Basmati Rice:
- 1½ cups Good Life Organic White Basmati Rice
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 1Tbsp cumin seed
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 2½ cups filtered water
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Place the rice into a bowl with enough water to cover. Set aside & soak for approx. 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves & cumin.
- Cook and stir for about a minute, then add the sliced onion. Cook until golden-brown, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice & stir it into the pot. Cook & stir the rice for a few minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Add water & salt to the pot; bring to the boil. Cover & reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork, serve & enjoy.
Organic white basmati rice
Typical Nutritional Information (per 100g):
- Energy: 1465kJ
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 78.3g
- Fibre: 1.4g
- Fat: 0.6g
- Sodium: 5mg
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.