Star anise has a sweet and peppery taste similar to liquorice; it can be used whole or ground. The star anise from Good Life is:
- Proudly South African
- Certified by Bio-Org, backed by the Biodynamic and Organic Certification Authority (BDOCA)
- A source of shikimic acid, a plant-based compound rich in antioxidants, with antiviral properties
Recipe for roasted sweet potatoes with star anise, ginger & lime
- 450g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 star anise, finely crushed
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, finely grated (you can also use organic ginger powder)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then flip the potatoes over. Continue roasting for 10 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- Serves 2
100% star anise
Note: Packed in a facility that handles gluten & tree nuts.
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product01/12/2017, By SheenaI use Star Anise in my cooking and knowing that it's grown according to Organic principles is comforting. The quality is superior.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.