Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Organic Shampoo
When hair is dry, it needs a drink. Give it the hydration it needs and wants, with a balance of ingredients that infuse moisture while locking in colour. The 50/50 Balanced Shampoo balances the art of clean with supreme protection. Gentle enough for every day use, superior shine is on the way. The 50/50 shampoo helps to prevent colour fading and protects oxidation on natural colour or colour treated hair.
The Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Organic Shampoo
- Protects chemically enhanced hair colour
- Adds moisture and manageability
- Infuses shine every day, all day
Massage into your hair & scalp, rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.
Suitable for dry & treated hair
Did you Know?
- Hair is porous like a sponge. The more damaged hair becomes due to brushing, processing (colouring, bleaching, permanent waving, straightening), the more porous the hair becomes. The more porous hair becomes, the less the hair retains moisture. Also, as hair becomes increasingly damaged it loses much of its elasticity and becomes unmanageable, often breaking after a certain length. This hair type has a lack of gloss or sheen and the hair can become “fly away”. Natural hair care products are beneficial as they are formulated with oils and proteins that fill in this porosity, thereby sealing (smoothing) the cuticle of the hairshaft. Natural Hair Care products that use certified organic oils, and vegetable protein in their formulas, replace these lost oils and protein naturally, without the use of unnecessary and often harsh chemicals. Surveys indicate that 8 out of 10 people consider their hair to be dry/damaged.
- A good naturally balanced shampoo replaces the moisturizing agents lost in dry hair: that is, the oils and protein. Normal healthy hair and scalp produces the correct amount of oils and protein. If an individual produces less of these beneficial oils and protein, a balanced shampoo will replace them. Also, shampoos that are have more natural ingredients than others will gently cleanse the hair without stripping out hair colour.
- Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate is a gentle preservative derived from glycine, or aminoacetic acid - a naturally occurring amino acid. It is commonly sourced from sugar or soy.
Aqua (Purified Water), **Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, *Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, *Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, *Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, *Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Leaf Extract, *Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, *Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, *Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, *Equisetum Arvense Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Natural Fragrance
*Certified Organic by Guaranteed Certification Services
**Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International
Tiny amounts of Phenoxyethanol have been used in this product. Although this is a synthetic ingredient, Giovanni believe it to have an excellent safety record. It is also on the list of permitted preservatives for use in cosmetics certified as organic by the Soil Association, and is approved under the Nordic Swan mark scheme that measures the environmental and health impact of cosmetic ingredients. Ecocert from France, have recently limited its use and will no longer allow it to be used in products certified by them from next year onwards. It has not been found to be a skin irritant or sensitizer (Ruth Winters, M.S.) and the CIR expert panel concluded that it is safe as a cosmetic ingredient. France has concerns about phenoxyethanol, although opinion of how serious these concerns are seems to vary widely within the industry. Due to the fact that this ingredient is used by many organic suppliers worldwide but does attract some contention we decided to give you the choice.
2 out of 2 people would recommend this product20/08/2018, By TeevI bought this because Naturalmente was out of stock - I like it, but its not as good, it's a little drying for my hair. But its a good second option.07/11/2017, By TaniaI love everything about this from the smell to the foamy texture and my hair is soft, manageable and full of bounce.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.