- Traditional Japanese style of composting, using anaerobic fermentation
- Speeds up the natural composting process
- Provides nutrient-rich plant-food for your bonsais, flowers, and other potted plants
- Can be used with any of your existing composting bins
- Recycles all food waste, both raw & cooked food
- No nasty smells, can be kept in your kitchen
- Best used with Green Vizion’s probiotic Bokashi Bran
How many Bokashi bins do I need?
- The most efficient method is to use two Bokashi bins, so that you can continue to dispose of your organic waste while fermenting a separate full bin.
- Add your food waste to the first recycle bin/composter and sprinkle a generous handful of Bokashi on top of the food waste.
- Alternative this each time to form layers.
- Keep the recycle bin in your kitchen and make sure the lids properly closed and airtight at all times.
- Regularly drain off the nutrient rich tea/leachate.
- Dilute this tea in water (1 part tea to 100 parts water), and water your plants or use neat to keep drains clean.
- Once the recycle bin is full, start using your second recycle bin or composter.
- Store the full bun in a convenient place indoors out of direct sunlight and regularly drain off nutrient rich bokashi tea and use as needed.
- After 2 weeks, empty the recycle bin or composter and add to your garden compost, or dig into the soil.
- You can create your own enriched soil this way.
- Bokashi Bin Contains: 1 x 20 Litre Bin, 1 x Lid, 1 x Internal Straining Tray, 1 x Draining Tap.
- Dimensions: ~320 mm (Diameter), ~320 mm (Height)
- Total Capacity: 20 Litres
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
3 out of 3 people would recommend this product11/07/2019, By Alisoncomposting has never been so easy in a small apartment20/05/2019, By LorenzoFunctions well and quit ehandy for recycling my kitchen scraps. Lid does not tend to break as the Probio one one use to do, yet much cheaper.11/05/2019, By MichaelaI recently bought this product as a backup to my worm farm - mostly so I could place citrus, cooked food and dairy product. And I have been so pleasantly surprised! Paired with the bokashi powder, there has been absolutely no smell. The size is perfect for daily use. I’m still waiting for my compost tea, but while I do, I’ll definitely keep using it
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.