- Frankincense: known as the “King of essential oils” because of its cellular regenerating abilities, Frankincense is internally and externally gentle and calming, working as a natural stress reliever and anxiety reducer. As a powerful astringent it helps protect skin cells, aiding to reduce acne blemishes, the appearance of large pores, prevent wrinkles, and it even helps lift and tighten skin to naturally slow signs of aging.
- Myrrh: Ancient Egyptians used Myrrh to prevent aging and maintain healthy skin. But it has also been found to have anti-cancer benefits. Two primary active compounds are found in myrrh, called terpenoids and sesquiterpenes, both of which have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Sesquiterpenes specifically also have an effect on our emotional centre in the hypothalamus, helping us remain calm and balanced.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is a mild astringent so it can induce minor contractions in soft tissues, like our skin. Many aftershaves and facial toners use sandalwood as one of their primary ingredients to help soothe, tighten, and cleanse the skin. Sandalwood is an excellent antiviral agent and high in antioxidants that can help reduce damage caused by aging free radicals.When applied to the skin it will reduce inflammation from mild skin irritation such as superficial wounds, pimples, warts, or boils.
- Cypress: Cypress is a diuretic. Therefore, it helps the body remove excess water and salt that can lead to fluid retention and increases blood flow by stimulating circulation. These are wonderful properties to rid the body of toxins, thus preventing acne and other skin conditions that occur from toxic build up.
- Lavender:The worst and most common enemies when it comes body damage are free radicals (toxins, chemicals, pollutants, etc.). The best defence? Antioxidants! Researchers from China have recently discovered that lavender essential oil helps your body produce three of its most powerful antioxidants: glutathione, catalase, and SOD within 22 hours of using lavender essential oil! And above this, not only does lavender heal cuts and burns, it also heals age spots when combined with frankincense.
- Helichrysum: Helichrysum can help hydrate skin and decreases signs of aging, while additionally blocking UV-light damage to prevent further skin damage. Helichrysum oil has strong antibiotic and antimicrobial properties that make it a great natural cure for acne, especially because it works without drying the skin or causing redness.
- Geranium: Stop the sagging! Geranium is a known wrinkle reducer because as an astringent, it induces contractions in several parts of the body. It has the power to minimize the look of wrinkles by tightening facial skin and slowing down the effects of aging. Geranium oil is also a muscle toner, helping to tighten and contract muscles - now just imagine the positive results on your face!
Apply to skin imperfections morning and evening. Consult your healthcare practitioner before use if pregnant.
Frankincense, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Cypress, Lavender, Helichrysum, Geranium, fractionated coconut oil
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.