Seeds are by their nature high in energy and fibre. Chia is known as an ancient superfood of the Aztecs. These chia seeds have a mild, pleasant taste and can be used as an energy, fibre and omega-3 fatty acid supplement.
- Chia is one of the highest plant based omega-3 sources outperforming even flax seeds. The excellent ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 of 3:2 makes it a great anti-inflammatory food.
- The soluble rich fibre gel in Chia soothes the digestive system and slows the release of sugars into the bloodstream stabilising blood sugar levels.
- Chia is known as a dieters dream food as it bulks up meals with low calorie nutrient density without altering flavour.
- The combination of essential fats, fibre and protein make Chia an excellent food for improving endurance and fitness. It also has the ability to help keep the body hydrated and electrolytes balanced.
- The potent antioxidants in Chia naturally preserve the sensitive Omega-3 oils and provide anti-aging benefits.
Use whole or ground and add to smoothies, salads, cereal, yoghurt and stews. Can also be mixed with water or juice and taken as a gel. Alternatively use in baking bread, muffins and biscuits.
Perfect for thickening smoothies.
This product is packed in a warehouse where peanuts and tree nuts are present.
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (as packed)
Per Single serving size = 10 g (1 tablespoon)
- Energy (kJ) 203
- Protein (g) 1,7
- Glycaemic Carbohydrate (g) 1
- of which total sugars (g) 0,8
- Total fat (g) 3,1
- of which Saturated fat (g) 0,3
- of which Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,4
- of which Omega-3 fatty acids (mg) 1783
- of which ALA (mg) 1783
- of which Monounsaturated fat (g) 0,2
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Dietary fibre (g) 3,4
- Total Sodium (mg) 2
17 out of 17 people would recommend this product21/05/2019, By JodieAdding these chia seeds to my oats every morning keeps me fuller for longer and a boost of energy. Always an addition to my cart13/05/2019, By SaraThese little seeds are such a fun texture when soaked. Makes for a great breakfast.07/05/2019, By NatashaGreat product, I have a teaspoon with my oats in the mornings. I also put a teaspoon full in water, leave it for 20mins and drink as I go. Keeps me fuller for longer.09/04/2019, By Landélovely to have bought it on discount from FTN!08/04/2019, By MonBought these little superfood seeds for my little dude's milkshakes and smoothies to add the omega 3's he needs, he doesn't mind them at all and actually likes to make a bit of "pudding" dessert :)07/04/2019, By LisaI loooove love love these. I take a table spoon in my smoothie and it gives me great energy16/02/2019, By TyLasts a lifetime but it doesn't make smoothies any thicker like it claims to. Great to add to greek yogurt with honey.18/12/2018, By CaddieAwesome little super seeds!18/11/2018, By LisaI bought these specifically to add to my dog's meals but have ended up putting them in our smoothies etc too. We love them and the bag lasts a long time!19/10/2018, By MeganWonderful in smoothies and jams11/10/2018, By NatashaLove to use these with raw oats and other seeds, mixed with yogurt. It's like granola without the sugar and guilt16/04/2018, By JaneI haven't really bought chia seeds before but so far they have been nice mixed into yogurt.13/03/2018, By AbigailLots of uses - smoothies, oat bowl, by themselves...06/10/2017, By TarrynOne of my favourites09/08/2017, By thefastedplantI sprinkle chia seeds in everything I put in my blender... Seriously.04/08/2017, By MandiVery helpful to have if you are following a veggie lifestyle! Can be added to absolutely anything or enjoyed as the main ingredient of a meal (e.g. chia pudding)Very versatile and most importantly very healthy21/06/2017, By RoseGood secure packaging
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.