- GMO-free, certified organic
- Great roasted or steamed in salads, soups & stir-fries
Sprouted chickpeas are so full of goodness:
- A rich source of plant-based protein
- High in energy-giving carbohydrates
- Loaded with immune-boosting vitamin C
- Source of vitamin K, which promotes bone health & heart health
- High in iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium & phosphorus
- Low in fat & calories
Did You Know? Vitamin K is a fat-soluble nutrient. To help your body absorb vitamin K more effectively, eat something high in healthy fats, like avocado or almonds, along with your sprouted chickpeas.
Benefits of sprouting:
- Quick & easy
- Affordable (a small amount of seeds gives you a high yield)
- Can be done all year round
- Boosts nutritional value, improves alkalising properties
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Sprouted Hummus:
- 2 cups sprouted chickpeas
- 2Tbsp tahini
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- ¼ cup purified water
- 1Tbsp cumin
- 2tsp coriander
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Blend all your ingredients in a food processor until smooth & creamy.
- Add more water as needed if your mixture is too thick.
- Enjoy as a dip or spread on crackers & breads.
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Add 3-4Tbsp of your dry seeds to a clean sprouting jar; enough to lightly cover the bottom of an upright jar.
- Cover the sprouting jar with the mesh screen & secure it with a rubber band.
- Cover your dry seeds with 2-4cm water & soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain & rinse in fresh water, swirling gently while draining to disperse the seeds across the surface of the sprouting jar. Place the jar at an angle on your sprouting stand.
- Keep your sprouting jar in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry on your sprouting stand, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.