What Is White Tea?
What makes it so special? Simply put, white tea is the least processed form of tea, made of beautiful silver buds and select leaves which have been steamed and dried. Because of its minimal processing, white tea contains more nutrients than its black or green cousins, making it the mightiest of the teas, the ultimate Health Tea.
Tea has been used as medicine for centuries. Now modern science is discovering what people in China and throughout the world have long known: tea is good for you. While green and black tea are very healthy, white tea is the least processed tea and has the highest antioxidant levels. It may be the supreme Drink of Health.
- White Tea Antioxidants Antioxidants are nutrients that protect the body from damage by free radicals. Free radicals are nasty things that go around wreaking havoc on your body, damaging DNA and accelerating aging. Antioxidants scoop them up and neutralize them. White tea is loaded with these protective nutrients.
- Cancer Prevention White tea may have profound power against cancer-causing cells and against many different types of cancer, such as colon, prostate, and stomach cancers. Flavonoids, a class of antioxidants, inhibit the growth of cancer cells and prevent the development of new ones. In some cases, white tea has been found to work as well as prescription drugs, but without the side effects.
- Lower Blood Pressure Studies show that white tea can thin the blood and improve artery function. It helps lower high blood pressure and maintain a healthy one. By promoting strong and healthy blood vessels, white tea guards against the ravages of stroke.
- Lower Cholesterol Catechins, another group of antioxidants, have been found to reduce cholesterol, and white tea is teeming with them. Cholesterol is a special type of fat and is necessary for health. There is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol, and white tea increases the good while decreasing the bad. This helps prevent hardening of the arteries and blockage of blood flow.
- Heart Protection By thinning the blood, lowering blood pressure, and reducing cholesterol, white tea protects the heart and the entire circulatory system. Researchers have also discovered that people who drink 2 or more cups of tea a day are almost 50% less likely to die after suffering a heart attack. White tea is truly a remarkable heart tonic.
- Stronger Bones Studies have found that people who drank tea regularly had greater bone density and strength than non-drinkers. White tea may also have beneficial effects for sufferers of arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Antibacterial & Antiviral White tea is a natural killer of bacteria and viruses. The antioxidants so abundant in white tea tone the entire immune system, providing protection against a variety of invaders and a wide range of diseases. Its helps guard against the common cold and flu, and can ease the symptoms of HIV.
- Healthy Teeth and Gums White tea contains small amounts of fluoride and other nutrients which keeps the teeth strong and healthy. It also kills the bacteria which causes plaque, tooth decay, and bad breath.
- Healthy Skin Free radicals from staying out in the sun too long, stress, and a poor diet can damage the skin and cause it to prematurely age. By scavenging these free radicals, white tea protects the skin and helps to reverse some of the damage. Drinking white tea promotes healthy and radiant skin.
- Other Health Benefits White tea has many other benefits to offer. It may reduce blood sugar and help prevent and alleviate the symptoms of diabetes. It reduces stress and increases energy. White tea may or may not aid in weight-loss. Studies suggest tea may increase metabolism and encourage the body to burn more fat, but a balanced diet and regular exercise are more likely to produce results. Still, adding white tea to your weight-loss plan can't hurt.
By now you can see that white tea has a great range of effects on the body and a tremendous number of benefits to your health. Its supreme power is in preventing disease and disorder. It is a superb tonic and one of Nature's great gifts. We encourage you to add it to your life. To your good health!
How to Make the Perfect Cup
Always use fresh water, boil and leave to cool for a minute before pouring over the tea bag. Allow to infuse for 1-3 minutes. The rest is up to you.
Organically grown white tea
18 out of 18 people would recommend this product23/10/2020, By EvelyneDelightful tea with amazing flavour13/09/2020, By SnugglebugIt tastes great, I borrowed some to a friend too and she loves it! I think that this stuff is amazing and I want to buy again.04/08/2020, By firstname.lastname@example.orgGood, bought it for my son, he finds it to be too potent, but overall it's good for you tea!07/05/2020, By GloriaPremium quality white tea01/05/2020, By AnnaBest white tea I have ever tried.20/01/2020, By AidFantastic28/04/2019, By AGI'm a tea freak and Clipper's white tea is definitely in my top 3. Excellent quality and great that it's organic. It has a somewhat floral, slightly sweet and refreshing quality, and has more flavour than green tea, in my opinion. A bit pricey, but you won't be sorry when you try it. Makes the best homemade kombucha too!23/04/2019, By ColleenI love tea, so this is exactly what I go for. It's not staining at all, I love the taste, mix with a little honey and you're good to go. I know the brand Clipper has other flavours, so I hope FTN can showcase them soon. xoxo10/03/2019, By KirstenFresh and aromatic. I have it with a bit of milk, but think its meant to be neat.17/12/2018, By ChrissyVery pleasant and enjoyable as is.15/11/2018, By AnonymousMy cousin actually told me about this tea. I introduced her to faithful to nature and she now purchases white tea from here. Apparently white tea is the new green tea.14/08/2018, By TsitsiVery refreshing. Since I have started using it two weeks ago. I am full of energy!13/06/2018, By ChristinaLove this White Tea, its organic, have a nice colour when brewed, soft and delicate!30/04/2018, By AnneliesI received this one as a gift, and love it. Will definitely buy in the future. Nice change from my green tea in the morning.23/04/2018, By AnneLove the Clipper tea's. The white tea is nice, not bitter as some green tea's are, but the same benefits as green tea.15/04/2018, By KaileyI thought it tasted just like any other store bought tea. Seems over priced to me. Very nice though17/03/2016, By JeaneWill keep on buying this tea, it taste healthy without the bitterness
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.