- Whole (unsplit) red lentils
- Fortifying food packed with plant-based protein
- 25,5 grams of vegan protein per 100
- Excellent source of vitamin B9, iron, and zinc
- High in both soluble, and insoluble fibre
- Certified organic to CERES & EU standards
- Packaging is compostable & biodegradable
- No additives, or preservatives
- Banting friendly
- Vegan friendly
- Suitable for diabetics
Our waste-free packaging: Faithful to Nature’s organic pantry range is packed in eco-friendly bags made with plant cellulose. This packaging is certified by Vincotte to be 100% home compostable, and is also marine degradable. All cardboard is manufactured from recovered fibre, certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. Labels are 100% recycled, printed with plant-based inks and attached with eco-friendly adhesive.
- Soak for 3-4 hours before use.
Red Lentil Soup:
- Saute 1 large yellow onion, 2 crushed garlic clove, and 2 tablespoons diced ginger in 1 tablespoon of avocado oil over a medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic tomato paste, and 2 tablespoons of your favourite curry powder.
- Pour in an entire 400 ml can of Organic Coconut Milk.
- Add 1 vegan stock cubes.
- Add 1 ½ cups of dry Organic Red Lentils (no need to soak for a soup, though rinsing is recommended).
- Bring to a low boil, cover, and let simmer for ~30 minute, or until the lentils are completely tender.
- Season with salt, and pepper to taste, serve, and enjoy!
- After opening, store in a cool, dry place.
Caution: This product is packed in a facility where peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy & sulphites are present.
Did you know? Lentils, like most other legumes, are extremely good for digestion. They provide fibre, help to alkalize excessive gut acidity, and provide prebiotics for your gut microflora too.
- Nett Weight: 400 g
- Certified Organic Red Football Lentils (100%).
Typical Nutritional Information: (per 100g)
- Energy (kJ): 1503
- Protein (g): 25,5
- Carbohydrates (g): 61,4
- of which Total Sugar (g): 2,2
- Total Fat (g): 0,8
- of which Saturated Fat (g): 0,2
- of which Monounsaturated Fat (g): -
- of which Polyunsaturated Fat (g): -
- Cholesterol (mg): -
- Dietary Fibre (g): 20,7
- Total Sodium (mg): 18
Country of Origin:
- Sourced from Turkey.
12 out of 13 people would recommend this product19/01/2021, By CatherineI don't eat meat and these red lentils are a great addition to my diet08/01/2021, By LouReally like these, packaging and everything inside great30/11/2020, By LuluTasty and nutritious23/11/2020, By VDelicious lentils, love using it for a protein punch in meals!23/10/2020, By HarrietDelicious and nutritious09/09/2020, By LuluPerfect for veg curries.24/05/2020, By RockWhat a one29/04/2020, By HappyQuite tasty07/04/2020, By GetruidaNot my favourite legumes but really nice to make a soup or coconut curry.01/04/2020, By RebecaAMAZING!!! so different to the conventional ones.23/08/2019, By CaddieGreat lentils that do not take long to cook at all - no need to soak20/08/2019, By BeeThis is really over prices just for some lentles.08/07/2019, By RowenaLovely and flavourful, good for the earth
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.