- Dried, organic chickpeas
- 19,3 grams of plant-based protein per 100
- Low glycaemic carbohydrate for sustained energy
- Rich in folate, iron, and magnesium
- Loaded with prebiotic fibre
- Certified organic to CERES & EU standards
- Packaging is compostable & biodegradable
- No additives, or preservatives
- Banting friendly
- Vegan friendly
- Suitable for diabetics
Our waste-free packaging: Faithful to Nature’s organic pantry range is packed in eco-friendly bags made with plant cellulose. This packaging is certified by Vincotte to be 100% home compostable, and is also marine degradable. All cardboard is manufactured from recovered fibre, certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. Labels are 100% recycled, printed with plant-based inks and attached with eco-friendly adhesive.
- Soak your Organic Chickpeas overnight, for at least 8 hours.
Sprouted Chickpea Hummus:
- Soak 1 cup of chickpeas in a glass jar overnight, then leave them to soak for 16 more hours in a sunny spot, or until sprouted.
- Drain your sprouted chickpeas, and add them to your food processor, or high-powered blender.
- Heap in 2 tablespoons of tahini, 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 handsome cloves of garlic, freshly squeezed juice of 2 tart lemons.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- After opening, store in a cool, dry place.
Caution: This product is packed in a facility where peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy & sulphites are present.
Did you know? Chickpeas, and other similar legumes have an alkalizing effect on the body. They help to neutralize the acid forming foods which are common in most people’s diets.
- Nett Weight: 400 g
- Certified Organic Chickpeas (100%).
Typical Nutritional Information: (per 100g)
- Energy (kJ): 1583
- Protein (g): 19,3
- Carbohydrates (g): 60,7
- of which Total Sugar (g): 10,7
- Total Fat (g): 6
- of which Saturated Fat (g): 0,6
- of which Monounsaturated Fat (g): 1,4
- of which Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 2,7
- Cholesterol (mg): 0
- Dietary Fibre (g): 17,4
- Total Sodium (mg): 24
Country of Origin:
- Sourced from Turkey.
6 out of 6 people would recommend this product01/06/2020, By MelodyExcellent product. Would buy again.24/05/2020, By RockFull size06/05/2020, By MiaQuality chickpeas26/06/2019, By CaddieGreat! Will buy regularly!19/05/2019, By IngridCooked up well in the wonderbag!01/04/2019, By MinGood product
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.