- Dehulled, organic buckwheat groats
- 13,3 grams of plant-based protein per 100
- Contains all 9 essential amino acids
- Low glycaemic index (GI) source of sustained energy
- Good source of zinc, iron, magnesium, and vitamin B6
- High in fibre
- Certified organic to CERES & EU standards
- Packaging is compostable & biodegradable
- No additives, or preservatives
- Banting friendly
- Vegan friendly
- Suitable for diabetics
Our waste-free packaging: Faithful to Nature’s organic pantry range is packed in eco-friendly bags made with plant cellulose. This packaging is certified by Vincotte to be 100% home compostable, and is also marine degradable. All cardboard is manufactured from recovered fibre, certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. Labels are 100% recycled, printed with plant-based inks and attached with eco-friendly adhesive.
- Rinse thoroughly before use.
Buckwheat & Lentil Pilaf:
- Soak 1 cup of Organic Buckwheat groats in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Soak 1 cup of Organic Lentils in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Saute 1 diced onion in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat, until golden brown.
- Add 2 diced carrots, 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon turmeric, and freshly squeezed juice of ½ a lemon to the onions.
- Stir until the carrots are tender.
- Drain the lentils, and buckwheat before adding them to skillet.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil to the mix, and stir.
- Simmer until the buckwheat, and lentils soften.
- Season with salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bon appetit!
- After opening, store in a cool, dry place.
Caution: This product is packed in a facility where peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy & sulphites are present.
Did you know? Although most consider buckwheat to be a grain, it is in fact a seed. This
- Nett Weight: 400 g
- Certified Organic, Dehulled Buckwheat (100%).
Typical Nutritional Information: (per 100g)
- Energy (kJ): 1436
- Protein (g): 13,3
- Carbohydrates (g): 71,5
- of which Total Sugar (g): 2,6
- Total Fat (g): 3,4
- of which Saturated Fat (g): 0,7
- of which Monounsaturated Fat (g): 1
- of which Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1
- Cholesterol (mg): 0
- Dietary Fibre (g): 10
- Total Sodium (mg): 1
Country of Origin:
- Sourced from The People’s Republic Of China.
7 out of 7 people would recommend this product07/10/2020, By EliznaLovely flavour! Can also be roasted to add a crunchy topping to smoothie bowls.27/07/2020, By GreenieGood24/05/2020, By Linda SusanSubstituting some flour for this06/05/2020, By NonhlanhlaRecommend29/04/2020, By HappyWhat a wheat08/06/2019, By NuetteI love adding this to just about everything I bake and all my smoothies. I love the texture it gives14/04/2019, By LauraMy first time using buckwheat and I really love the product! Super yummy and so versatile! Also love that every part of the packaging is compostable!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.