- Organic, dried black kidney beans
- 21,5 grams of plant-based protein per 100
- Rich source of folate, magnesium, and iron
- High in antioxidant flavonoids for heart health
- High in fibre for optimal gut health
- Certified organic to CERES & EU standards
- Packaging is compostable & biodegradable
- No additives, or preservatives
- Vegan friendly
- Suitable for diabetics
Our waste-free packaging: Faithful to Nature’s organic pantry range is packed in eco-friendly bags made with plant cellulose. This packaging is certified by Vincotte to be 100% home compostable, and is also marine degradable. All cardboard is manufactured from recovered fibre, certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. Labels are 100% recycled, printed with plant-based inks and attached with eco-friendly adhesive.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove any remaining grit.
- Submerge your black beans entirely in water, and soak overnight (for 8 hours).
Three Bean Salad:
- Soak 1 cup organic chickpeas, 1 cup black-eyed beans, and 1 cup of black beans.
- After soaking, drain the water from your beans mix.
- Add 2 diced scallions (chives work too), and 2 diced celery stalks to the bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl whip together the following: ½ cup of apple cider vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, ½ tablespoon of mustard seeds, ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon of chili flakes.
- Pour the dressing over your three bean mix, and let rest in the fridge to 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste, serve, and enjoy!
After opening, store in a cool, dry place.
- Caution: This product is packed in a facility where peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy & sulphites are present.
Did you know? Black beans contain all 9 essential amino acids but are low in methionine (like all beans). You can simply enjoy your black beans with a good organic brown rice (rich in methionine) (link to sku66961) to make up for this!
- Nett Weight: 400 g
- Certified Organic Black Kidney Beans (100%).
Typical Nutritional Information: (per 100g)
- Energy (kJ): 1468
- Protein (g): 21,5
- Carbohydrates (g): 63,4
- of which Total Sugar (g): 2,1
- Total Fat (g): 0,8
- of which Saturated Fat (g): 0,1
- of which Monounsaturated Fat (g): -
- of which Polyunsaturated Fat (g): -
- Cholesterol (mg): -
- Dietary Fibre (g): 19
- Total Sodium (mg): 5
Country of Origin:
- Sourced from The People’s Republic Of China.
7 out of 7 people would recommend this product07/10/2020, By EliznaLove black beans!04/10/2020, By BrynnaLove these dried, organic black beans!25/09/2020, By AnitaSoaked it overnight, cooked in stove top pressure cooker.
Quick & Wonderful!
Made delicious black bean burgers, can't wait to try more recipes with this wonderful bean.27/07/2020, By GreenieHealthy06/05/2020, By HannaPantry staple here13/10/2019, By MariéLeft it overnight in water, boiled it for hours(without adding any acidity), put it in the wonderbag, but it just never went soft. Don't know if it's not meant to?18/07/2019, By NellyMake it like any other bean. Good for meal prep as it freezes well once cooked. I use it mainly in Mexican inspired dishes. It would be awesome if it came in a bigger size/bulk buy option.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.