- Low GI carbohydrate for sustained energy
- Delicious accompaniment to your favourite dishes
- Ideal for traditional tandoori cuisine
- Certified organic to CERES & EU standards
- Packaging is compostable & biodegradable
- No additives, or preservatives
- Vegan friendly
- Suitable for diabetics
Our waste-free packaging: Faithful to Nature’s organic pantry range is packed in eco-friendly bags made with plant cellulose. This packaging is certified by Vincotte to be 100% home compostable, and is also marine degradable. All cardboard is manufactured from recovered fibre, certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. Labels are 100% recycled, printed with plant-based inks and attached with eco-friendly adhesive.
How to perfectly cook basmati rice Indian style: serves 6
- Rinse 1 ½ cups of rice with water to remove excess starch.
- Soak the rice for 10-15 minutes (depending on how al dente you like it).
- Heat 2 tablespoons of your favourite organic sunflower oil in a large pot over a medium heat.
- Add 2 x whole cardamom pods, 1 x cinnamon stick, 2 x whole cloves, and 1 x heaped teaspoon ground cumin to the oil.
- Allow the spices to infuse for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Pop in a finely chopped yellow onion, and saute until golden brown.
- Drain your basmati brown rice, and pop it into the pot.
- Fold the spiced oil, and onion into the rice until evenly coated.
- Pour in 2 cups of fresh water with a teaspoon of salt.
- Lower the heat, and cover with the pot with its lid.
- Simmer until the water is completely absorbed (~15 minutes).
- After opening, store in a cool, dry place.
Caution: This product is packed in a facility where peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy & sulphites are present.
Did you know? Basmati Brown Rice has a glycaemic index of just 52, meaning it’s an excellent source of sustained energy. Low GI foods like this can help you to keep your blood sugar, and insulin levels steady throughout the day.
Bonus Fact: Basmati Brown Rice, and green peas provide all 9 essential amino acids.
- Nett Weight: 400 g
- Certified Organic Basmati (Oryza Sativa) Rice (100%).
Typical Nutritional Information: (per 100g)
- Energy (kJ): 517
- Protein (g): 3,6
- Carbohydrates (g): 22,8
- of which Total Sugar (g): 0,3
- Total Fat (g): 1,3
- of which Saturated Fat (g): 0,3
- of which Monounsaturated Fat (g): -
- of which Polyunsaturated Fat (g): -
- Cholesterol (mg): -
- Dietary Fibre (g): 2,5
- Total Sodium (mg): 0
Country of Origin:
- Sourced from Pakistan.
6 out of 6 people would recommend this product24/05/2020, By VuyoThin tasty rice06/05/2020, By ElderWholesome29/04/2020, By HappyExtra special rice17/11/2019, By LorindiA Must have for me. Love this healthy food and the packaging is all about saving nature. A real faithfull to our nature product.24/06/2019, By EliznaReally nice!24/04/2019, By CarlaIt has a great natural flavour
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.