- Kind to your skin, the environment and your pocket
- Suitable for sensitive skin types and people with eczema
- Endorsed by the UK’s National Eczema Society
- All parts of the Ecoegg are made from 100% recycled materials
- Packaged in FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) certified paper and plant based inks
- Not tested on animals
- Tourmaline pellets weaken the adhesive forces between dirt and fabrics
- Mineral pellets naturally ionize the oxygen molecules in water to lift away dirt and grime
- Totally grey water safe
- Doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, petroleum based substances, optical brighteners, bleaches, ammonias or optimisers
- The 210 wash EcoEgg can clean up to 1 years worth of laundry
- The 720 wash EcoEgg can clean up to 3 years worth of laundry
- Works out to less than R1.00 per wash
- Completely replaces laundry detergent
- Fragranced with essential oils
- No harsh chemicals
- Easy to use
- To open the egg, grip each half
- Push the button and twist the bottom halfin the opposite direction of the arrow
- Separate the two halves
- Stand the larger, more pointed half of you Ecoegg on a flat surface
- Empty three (3) packets of mineral pellets and one pack of tourmaline ceramic pellets into it
- Place the smaller half back on top the larger half, lining up the triangles
- Twist together in the direction of the arrow
- Ensure you Ecoegg is fixed firmly back together before use
- Store your Ecoegg and the refill pellets in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight
- Available in 2 specifications: 210 Washes, and 720 Washes
- Recycled Polyurethane
- Mineral Pellets: Sodium Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Metasilicate, Emulsifier, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Citrate, Essential Oils
Country of Origin:
- Made in The United Kingdom
20 out of 23 people would recommend this product19/08/2020, By NikkiI received my EcoEgg as a present, and have not considered changing back to detergent since! I've had my EcoEgg for over a year, and really impressed. The mineral pellets last for ages (family of 3)13/12/2019, By MariskaIt seemed as though it worked for the first couple of washes but it did not last long at all. It also damaged my clothes. I really really love the smell though...24/10/2019, By ElaineI was doubtful that my boys sport clothes would get clean..... I was wrong and I am giving this egg as chrismas gifts to my family. Oops the best part - forget about having to buy detergent!11/10/2019, By JessI love this product. Brought the linen one first and prefer that, this one's scent was a bit overpowering to begin with. Either I'm used to it now or it has faded with use. Still happy with it,10/10/2019, By JoleneHonestly, this is such a great product and it really worked well for the first month but thereafter our clothes just didnt come out clean anymore and I had to spend money and time on trying to remove stains by hand. Our skin issues dissapeard overnight though so thats a huge plus but because we wash on average 75 times per month as we are a very large family it just became too expensive (you have to replace the pellets every 72 washes). Great for a couple or single person. My advice is work out how many washes you do before you buy but if you have kids JUST DONT DO IT!22/09/2019, By NicoleRepeat purchase as I gave my previous one to my mom. Absolutely love this product, although my feeling is it may not last quite as long as advertised. Still works out cheaper than buying powders or liquids. No scent but clothes are very obviously cleaned.11/07/2019, By IlomaThe most fantastic invention ever. No mess, no wasye, no fabric softener needed, fresh smellinh laundry and last for ages!02/07/2019, By LeAnnSo disappointed it does not clean my clothes and leaves a bad smell. Would not recommend27/06/2019, By MelI wanted to love it but it just did not live up to expectations. Great for cleanish clothes and that's about it.07/06/2019, By DavidIt's worked very well for me, but my clothes don't get particularly dirty. Stains naturally need to be treated first, as with regular detergent. Highly economical, both money-wise and water-wise.
A tip: when you first put the balls into the egg, couch it in a cloth or something, as it's really easy to knock over, and then the balls go everywhere.01/06/2019, By DanielaDoes not clean well. If you have sweaty sporty clothes, I would not recommend this product. My clothes came out of the laundry not smelling fresh. I also found that it was not very soapy.21/05/2019, By aneesaused onces. very impressed. clothing clean. smells lovely. not overpowering.
am reallly hoping this stays effective long term....29/04/2019, By NikkyVery surprising, was also sceptical at first but it is working well and gentle scent, clothes quite soft without adding fabric softener14/04/2019, By JoleneSo far so good.Was very skeptical18/03/2019, By The_canzSuper awesome, just do it!18/03/2019, By The_canzSuper awesome, just do it!03/03/2019, By TracyThis product works great! It cleans my clothes perfectly and leave them soft and fresh, so no need for additional softer. The only thing I was worried about was if it would smell nice or too strong. It has a very subtle and pleasant smell that I am happy with.
I am even buying one for all of my family members.
It is SUPER cost effective in the long run and I am at ease knowing that no more chemicals are being filtered into our environment through this small change :)23/01/2019, By MarietteI washed my most smelly active wear with the EcoEgg and afterwards it smelled so fresh! This product will save you a ton of money as well as the earth!07/12/2018, By LisaWorks really well! Clean great smelling laundry every time :-)
I just bought a second one as a gift!14/11/2018, By DanielleI love this product! I just throw it into the washing machine without a second thought and out comes perfectly clean, nice smelling clothes. The best thing about this egg is that you don't have to constantly worry about finding hypo-allergenic washing powder all the time - and it works out so cheap. I will definitely buy another one after a year!10/10/2018, By Crizelle5 weeks in and I still LOVE this egg (I bought the fragrance free one) and think that it is the best product I've ever come across!!
I decided to try this when searching for something more cost-effective than Triple Orange Bio-Detergent that we've been using for over 2.5 years (it worked great by the way....fantastic for cloth diapers...but just became too expensive!).
I was initially very skeptical, but it turns out that the Eco Egg cleans just as well, actually even better (we wash 8-10 loads a week that includes toddler and gym clothing and use only cold water).
It is recommended to treat stains before washing, so for tough stains, I simply rub on some Triple Orange Bio-Detergent a while before washing (for very tough ones I put it in the sun for a while after application like I did with cloth diapers). Then I wash with the egg and viola!
The Eco Egg saves A LOT of money, especially when already using only all-natural laundry detergents. It is also super easy to use.
* No cons yet, but I will write an update 1 year in (since I bought the 720 washes!)08/10/2018, By TammySo far, very pleased with the results. Have not had really soiled laundry to wash yet, but I am pleased with the softness of my clothing, the light fragrance and no more soap/filler residue left on dark clothing.06/09/2018, By Little GLove the laundry egg and it is so easy to use.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.