- Kind to your skin, the environment and your pocket
- Suitable for sensitive skin types and people with eczema
- Endorsed by the UK’s National Eczema Society
- All parts of the Ecoegg are made from 100% recycled materials
- Packaged in FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) certified paper and plant based inks
- Not tested on animals
- Tourmaline pellets weaken the adhesive forces between dirt and fabrics
- Mineral pellets naturally ionize the oxygen molecules in water to lift away dirt and grime
- Totally grey water safe
- Doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, petroleum based substances, optical brighteners, bleaches, ammonias or optimisers
- The 210 wash EcoEgg can clean up to 1 years worth of laundry
- The 720 wash EcoEgg can clean up to 3 years worth of laundry
- Works out to less than R1.00 per wash
- Completely replaces laundry detergent
- Fragranced with essential oils
- No harsh chemicals
- Easy to use
- To open the egg, grip each half
- Push the button, and twist the bottom halfin the opposite direction of the arrow
- Separate the two halves
- Stand the larger, more pointed half of you Ecoegg on a flat surface
- Empty three (3) packets of mineral pellets, and one pack of tourmaline ceramic pellets into it
- Place the smaller half back on top the larger half, lining up the triangles
- Twist together in the direction of the arrow
- Ensure you Ecoegg is fixed firmly back together before use
- Store your Ecoegg, and the refill pellets in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight
- Available in 2 specifications: 210 Washes, and 720 Washes
- Recycled Polyurethane
- Mineral Pellets: Sodium Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Metasilicate, Emulsifier, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Citrate, Essential Oils
Country of Origin:
- Made in The United Kingdom
8 out of 9 people would recommend this product10/10/2018, By Crizelle5 weeks in and I still LOVE this egg (I bought the fragrance free one) and think that it is the best product I've ever come across!!
I decided to try this when searching for something more cost-effective than Triple Orange Bio-Detergent that we've been using for over 2.5 years (it worked great by the way....fantastic for cloth diapers...but just became too expensive!).
I was initially very skeptical, but it turns out that the Eco Egg cleans just as well, actually even better (we wash 8-10 loads a week that includes toddler and gym clothing and use only cold water).
It is recommended to treat stains before washing, so for tough stains, I simply rub on some Triple Orange Bio-Detergent a while before washing (for very tough ones I put it in the sun for a while after application like I did with cloth diapers). Then I wash with the egg and viola!
The Eco Egg saves A LOT of money, especially when already using only all-natural laundry detergents. It is also super easy to use.
* No cons yet, but I will write an update 1 year in (since I bought the 720 washes!)08/10/2018, By jwAllergy tested it says, so I never assumed that the horrible rash that got worse and worse was finally diagnosed by allergy specialist as the cause of my eczema. Must be the perfume, but not for me anymore!20/09/2018, By NatSo glad to have found this... it seems to really work!15/09/2018, By RachaelQuite possibly my favourite find on this site! I've been using this for a month and really happy with the results. For tougher stains you are likely to need to use this in conjunction with a stain remover and a warmer cycle (30 degrees), although 90% of my laundry washes clean with this on a cold cycle. Definitely recommended.10/09/2018, By PipJust came back from a multiday hike with clothes heavily infused with fire smoke and sweaty body odour. The EcoEgg did an amazing job and left my load wonderfully clean and fresh smelling - super impressed! Its also awesome to not have to add any detergents that leave residue on your clothes and in your machine21/08/2018, By MariskaI have tried another eco laundry liquid for my daughter's eczema and it left her clothes hard, where as the laundry egg leaves it soft and fresh! Not to tough on toddler stains but cleans it well enough.17/08/2018, By SantieI was a little sceptical about this one, as I have tried every eco laundry ball on the market by now and although some of them work for the first bit - they all fail miserably in all areas. These eggs, however, are pretty darn amazing! They really lift out dirt like something else and leave my washing soft and clean. Washing has a very faint smell afterwards, but it is not overpowering and is just enough to notice it when you take your clothes out of the drawer.
Will be trying the pink one to compare the fragrances too.12/08/2018, By DianaI bought the eco egg and have been using it. So far so good. Very impressed with it and so excited that I don’t need to buy washing powder for the next 3 years - Hola! It’s great for the environment and great for my wallet19/07/2018, By WillowSince there aren't any reviews, I thought to give some feedback. I have been trying for quite some time to find a good, reliable eco friendly solution to washing. I decided to give the Ecoegg a go since I found so many good reviews on line. I received my package today and couldn't wait to use it. I am so impressed by this. This removed the marks from the husband's collar in one wash and I've been struggling to get it off for months - stubbornly refusing to use chemicals. I am very much impressed. And it works out cheaper too and sooo much less plastic. Win!!!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.