- Easy to digest
- Low in saturated fat & sodium
- Adds structure to gluten-free baked goods
- Thickens & adds high gloss to sauces & puddings
Did You Know? Tapioca is made from the root of the cassava plant, and is often used instead of wheat flour in South America and the West Indies. Cassava is a starchy root vegetable similar to a potato; this staple starch is also known as “the bread of the tropics”.
Recipe for Tapioca Dinner Rolls:
- 1 cup Earth Products Tapioca Flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1tsp sea salt
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the tapioca flour with the coconut flour & salt. Mix well.
- Add the olive oil & warm water, stir well. Add the whisked egg & continue mixing until combined.
- If your mixture is too runny, add another 1-2 tbsp of coconut flour, until you have a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Use a spatula to scoop out about 2tbsp of the dough at a time; roll the dough into balls (should make approx. 10). Dust your hands with extra tapioca flour to prevent sticking.
- Place rolls onto a lined baking pan. Bake for 35min & serve warm with butter or coconut oil.
1 out of 2 people would recommend this product17/03/2018, By MarijkeProduct labelling is poor: There is no date of manufacture, or origin . Where does it come from? When was the flour milled? Since ground products quickly lose their freshness and nutritional value, a Best Before date is not good enough. Product is very white and uniform, which leaves me wondering if it has been bleached or refined?13/09/2017, By MaureenGreat product. I use it all the time to make GF dairy free cheese sauce and also dairy free block cheese. I also use it in mushroom soup to thicken instead of cornstarch/flour. Always have this in my pantry.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.