Here are some of the health benefits of Earth Products Organic Whole Wheat Kernels:
Earth Products is a company committed to providing South Africans with organic and natural food of the highest quality. The company supports peer-reviewed sustainable farming methods, growing naturally nutritious and wholesome food that’s good for you and for the environment.Recipe for Wheat Kernel & Red Fruit Salad:
- Packed with vitamins B1, B2, B3 and E, folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, copper and iron
- Good source of dietary fibre to keep you regular & promote healthy digestion
- Protects against heart disease, when part of balanced diet
- Keeps you feeling full for longer; linked to weight loss, when part of a balanced diet
- Research shows eating whole grains can help to prevent gallstones and lower your risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Research even shows links to protection against childhood asthma
Ingredients100% organic wheat kernels
- Rinse the wheat kernels well under cool running water. Place in a heavy saucepan with water & 1tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer gently for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine orange juice & cranberries in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine 3 cups of the cooked wheat kernels, apple & pecans in a bowl; stir gently.
- Drain the cranberries, reserving the juice. Stir the cranberries into the wheat kernel mixture.
- Whisk the reserved orange juice, vinegar & oil in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt & pepper. Pour over the salad and stir gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to combine. Serve cold.
- Tip: You can refrigerate the extra cooked wheat kernels for up to 2 days.
7 out of 7 people would recommend this product23/03/2018, By Healthy Girlmmmm28/02/2018, By TaliDon't you just hate it when you forget to login!!!28/02/2018, By TaliGood stuff.15/02/2018, By mbaliEnjoy it in salads after soaking overnight31/12/2017, By JacoGreat product.21/09/2016, By FayeI bought these to sprout - even though they are not specifically labelled as such. They sprouted up in a jar in 3 days. Then I chucked them on some potting soil and they grew about 20cm high into delicious wheatgrass (this took about 2 weeks in Cape Town winter). They also cook up well and are super tasty in salads.14/11/2015, By MaureenI use this to make rejuvelac. It is not difficult to make, just a little time consuming, but I get 100% success every time using these Kernels. I keep the unused portions of the package in the freezer so no waste. Love love love this :).
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.