This light brown sugar is made with minimal processing. Raw sugar cane juice is crystallised, and then purified by spinning it in a centrifuge. This removes water and impurities. With less processing than white sugar, raw brown sugar retains more nutrients, due to its higher molasses content.
Did You Know? Although many of us automatically assume that brown sugar is healthier or less processed than white sugar, the brown sugars we find on supermarket shelves are typically just plain bleached white sugars with added caramel colouring! Earth Products brown sugar is the real deal however pure, unrefined and organic.
100g of organic brown sugar contains approx. 373 calories; while 100g of white sugar contains around 396 calories.
Recipe for Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups Earth Products Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1½tsp cornstarch
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon & salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter & brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the egg, followed by the vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & mix well until you have a very soft, thick dough.
- Cover the dough & chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the fridge; leave to soften at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets & set aside.
- Pour the granulated sugar into a bowl. Divide your dough into balls (roughly 2Tbsp each), and roll each one in the sugar.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven & gently press down the top of each cookie with a spatula, to flatten the ball shapes.
- Bake again for 1-2 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy these super-soft, chewy & delicious sugar cookies!
Organic light brown sugar
3 out of 3 people would recommend this product28/11/2017, By DemiMust have in your cupboards18/07/2017, By BiankaGreat Buy - will definitely purchase again.27/10/2015, By AdeleSugar free, me, never! Organic sugar, YAY!!! This is a very fine sugar, so great for baking and whizzed in the coffee grinder makes for super yummy castor sugar, ideal for baking fine, spongy cakes...
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.