- Ferment & then safely compost food waste
- Microorganism ferment food much like pickling
- Contains a balanced mix of nitrogen and carbon-rich material
- Wonderful ability to eliminate odor
- Use with a large airtight container
- Partners perfectly with Bokashi Recycling Bin
- This can be used to ferment raw & cooked food, dairy, small bones, citrus, eggshells, seafood, & meat.
- 2kg bags are 100% compostable
- Made in South Africa
- Add food waste* between layers of Earth Bokashi in the recycling bin.
- Microbes in the Earth Bokashi start a fermentation process.
- Once this process is complete, empty the bin into a compost heap, bury it under the soil, feed to earthworms, or make soil.
- After you have collected & fermented your food you can use it to add nutrients, minerals and microorganisms to your soil.
- *This includes raw & cooked food, dairy, small bones, citrus, eggshells, seafood, & meat!
How does it work?
- Bokashi is full of beneficial microorganisms that help to ferment food scraps; the process is anaerobic (it takes place without air), breaking down your kitchen waste into nutrient-rich soil food without letting it rot or releasing a bad odour. When your scraps have been fermented, you can then add the end product to your flower pots, compost heap or worm bin where it will then be exposed to air and small animals (worms & insects) and become compost. This is such a simple way to make your household more sustainable, and use your kitchen waste in an eco-friendly way.
Please Note: Once the recycle bin is full, it will need to stand unopened for 2 weeks to complete the fermentation process. Ideally, your kitchen should have 2, Earth Probiotic Bokashi Recycling Bin for Food Waste so you can use one while the other is left to stand.
Did you know?
- Bokashi is a Japanese word that means "fermented organic matter."
- For those of you who love to compost or have your own earthworm farm, you’ll know that certain food (namely bread, cooked food, citrus & meat) don’t work very well in these environments. Earth Bokashi is a great step to take before composting as the fermentation process makes these foods compatible with worm farms & compost heaps!
- The bokashi juice can be used as a soil drench and is diluted 1:300 (water: juice).
- The liquid is very acidic, hence the high dilution rate.
- Nett Weight: 700g.
- 100% recyclable paper.
Country of Origin:
- Proudly South Africa.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.