Ear candling (also called coning or thermo-auricular therapy) is a practice that dates all the way back to ancient Greek and Egyptian cultures. Ear candles are slender, hollow tubes that create a gentle vacuum in the ear canal as they heat up, causing a suction that pulls wax and trapped bacteria up into the base of the candle. Ear candling also loosens up wax, debris and impurities as the ear canal warms up.
Benefits of ear candling:
- Reduces excessive wax build-up
- Relieves sinus congestion & headaches
- Helps to draw out debris, candida, fungus & infection from the ear canal & Eustachian tube
- Cut a hole in the middle of a paper plate, which you will need to “thread” the ear candle and to catch the ash.
- The patient should lie comfortably on one side, with the paper plate laid over the ear to protect the face from wax and ash.
- Hold the ear candle vertically and place one end into the plastic cap provided.
- Place the capped end gently into the ear canal, through the hole in the paper plate.
- Light the opposite end of the candle and allow the flame to burn down. The flame should be trimmed at regular intervals.
- When the flame is between 5 and 10cm away from the patient’s face, remove the ear candle and extinguish it in a bowl of water.
- Repeat the process on the other ear.
- Do not attempt ear candling without the help of someone with ear candling experience, such as your homeopath.
- Follow instructions carefully and avoid inserting an ear candle too far into your ear canal.
- Not suitable for those who have recently undergone any ear, nose or throat surgery.
- Not suitable for those with tubes in their ears or those with any bleeding of the ear.
Ear candling is not approved by the FDA and is frowned upon by many medical circles. It still remains as a widely used parctice amongst alternative medicine. The practice persists as there are many that feel the benefits. If you are unsure of the product, please consult your doctor or healer first; or do your research.
21 out of 23 people would recommend this product22/06/2020, By ShelleyProvided the much needed deep clean and sinus clear out I needed!!! Easy to use and effective!!!22/03/2020, By SkyeGave me the deep clean I needed. Helped open up my sinuses.06/01/2020, By FatzMy 2 year olds ears was blocked with a very bad buildup of wax this candle saved us a trip to the dr and removed all the buildup...so great17/12/2019, By rifaThis works, splendidly.. Every time.. Love it..14/11/2019, By NoodleEar candles always help.16/10/2019, By Emma-LisaMy mom used to do ear candles with us when I was younger and these didn’t do anything for my ears28/09/2019, By JacquieWas so happy to find these at Faithful and they brought relief!17/09/2019, By GuinevereWorks like a charm.02/09/2019, By CMWas so excited when I found it on FTN - bought t=some many years ago, and never found them again.... My big family loves these...02/07/2019, By Chantelle MullerWORKS WELL06/06/2019, By SamanthaGood product, definitely best value for money and works well.01/06/2019, By KreganWell worth it23/03/2019, By JudithWorks fairly well. The plastic end is a bit big for someone with small ears10/01/2019, By roxythis did not work very well23/09/2018, By DaniellaThis is a great quality products that works well.05/07/2018, By MarizeReally disappointed.22/02/2018, By LizandaMy husband and I both used the ear candles and found the result a bit disappointing. It did seem to warm the ear wax, but did not have the unclogging effect we had hoped for.20/02/2018, By fairyClairyBrilliant tool to use for people who also go yo GP and get ears stringed and its natural14/01/2018, By fairyClairybrilliant quality product with the filters love them29/11/2017, By AmberI love ear candling. Works so well to clear blockages. Best if you have someone to help you08/10/2017, By TjRelieves build up well. Saved me a trip to the Dr.06/10/2017, By Tracey Joysimple to use if you have some help19/09/2017, By NonsWill never use ear drops again.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.