- Provides immediate safe drinking and cooking water, by removing .99.9999% of bacteria
- Improves water taste, and is strong and durable, and effective for up to 12 months
- Filters up to 100 litres per day and has a replaceable filter
- The advanced, multi-stage filtration system removes >99.9% of harmful bacteria from almost any water source
- Each filter consists of a silver-impregnated ceramic shell containing an activated charcoal interior medium. The large filter also includes a fabric cover placed over the ceramic shell to remove larger debris
- As contaminated water is pulled through the filter, any visible debris is filtered out first, followed by harmful bacteria and microscopic pathogens down to 0.2 microns
The drinC filter is designed for use with water from natural water sources. It is specifically designed to remove bacteria commonly found in most natural water sources. Some natural water sources may however contain additional contaminants that the drinC filter has not been designed to remove. Therefore, it is important that you refer to the comprehensive list of drinC filter specifications above before use. If you are unsure in regard to the source of the water or the potential contaminants therein, it is safer not to drink the water.
How to filter water:
- Fill the top bucket with water and close the lid
- Water will naturally filter down into the second bucket
IMPORTANT: The filter must be replaced after one year of use.
Quick Tip: Follow the filter cleaning instructions when the water flow becomes too slow
How to clean the bucket
- Mix 1 teaspoon (5ml) bleach with 1 cup (250ml) water.
- Wash the bottom bucket with the bleach solution
- Let it air dry for 30 minutes then rinse with additional filtered water.
- How to clean the filter
- Put on rubber gloves and remove the cotton sock from inside the top bucket
- Rinse the cotton sock in water until clean
- Using a non-metal scrubbing pad, gently rub the surface of the ceramic filter to remove any dirt particles
IMPORTANT: Never use soap as it will damage the filter
Quick Tip: Your DrinC water bucket comes with a filter already installed and only needs to be replaced after about 12 months. Shake the filter every 3 months or so to dislodge any debris and extend the life of your filter
How to replace the filter
- Open the bottom bucket and unscrew the wing nut and washer from the stem of the old filter
- Open the top bucket and remove the old filter
- Remove the new filter from its box and unscrew the wing nut
- Place one washer on the stem of the filter
- Put the stem of the new filter into the hole in the top bucket and through the hole in the bottom bucket
- Place the other washer and the wing nut onto the stem of the new filter and screw tight
- Fill about one-third of the top bucket with water to check for any leaks
- Secure the cotton sock in place over the filter with a rubber band.
Quick Tip: It may take a few days after a new filter has been installed for the flow rate to reach its maximum potential once again.
- Capacity: 20 litres
Fabric, silver-impregnated ceramic, activated charcoal (filter); plastic (buckets)
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.