- Made using traditional Japanese koji fermentation
- Matured in cedarwood kegs
- 80% more protein than brown rice miso or barley miso
- 25% less salt than brown rice miso or barley miso
- Contains ALL essential amino acids; a complete protein
- A rich source of calcium, iron & B-complex vitamins
- Source of beneficial bacteria
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports the immune system
Did You Know? The distinctive flavour of miso is known in Japan as umami; the “fifth human taste”. Umami is an earthy, savoury taste that doesn’t quite fit the description of sweet, salty, bitter or sour.
Recipe for Miso Rice Pilaf:
- 2-3 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups water
- 4-inch piece kombu seaweed
- 3 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4Tbsp Clearspring Hatcho Miso
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup minced celery
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅔ cup minced fresh parsley
- Soak the shiitake in water for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the kombu & bring to a simmer, uncovered, over medium heat. Remove kombu once the water starts to simmer.
- Mince the shiitake & return it to the pot.
- Wash & drain the rice. Roast in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until golden.
- Dissolve the Hatcho Miso in some of the broth, then return it to the pot along with onion, celery & bay leaf. Bring to a boil & slowly add the roasted rice.
- Boil for 1 minute, then cover & cook 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the parsley, toss well & cover. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Ingredients: Cultured whole soya beans* (65%), water, sea salt, roasted barley flour*
Nutritional information (per 100g):
- Energy-kJ: 895kJ
- Energy-kcal: 214kcal
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- of which sugars: 1.8g
- Fat: 10.4g
- of which saturates: 2.12g
- of which monounsaturates: 3.26g
- of which polyunsaturates: 4.56g
- Fibre: 6g
- Sodium: 10.75g
- Ash: 12.9g
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.