Clearspring miso is made using traditional methods; soya beans and rice are fermented with koji culture and aged for 2-3 years in cedarwood kegs. The result is a delicious, fortifying and authentic Japanese miso.
What makes miso so good for you?
- Fermented whole soya purée with brown rice
- A complete protein, packed with all the essential amino acids you need
- Digestive tonic; rich in beneficial bacteria
- Source of B vitamins
- Source of calcium & iron
- Gluten-free, wheat-free, nut-free & dairy-free
- Extremely low in cholesterol
- High in antioxidants, low in cholesterol
Did You Know? The Japanese talk about umami, the “fifth human taste”. Umami is a savoury, earthy taste that can’t be described as salty, sour or bitter. Miso is an example of a food rich in umami flavour – translated, umami means “deliciousness”!
Recipe for Basic Miso Soup:
- 4 cups water
- ⅓ cup Clearspring Brown Rice Miso
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1Tbsp shredded wakame seaweed
- ½ block firm silken tofu, cut into cubes
- Dash of soy sauce
- ½tsp sesame oil
- Bring water to a slow simmer & add the seaweed. Allow to simmer at least 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low & add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until miso is well dissolved. Serve hot & enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
Whole soya beans* (46%), cultured brown rice* (33%), sea salt, water
Nutritional information (per 100g):
- Energy: 518Kj
- Energy: 124kcal
- Protein: 12.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- of which sugars: 7.1g
- Fat: 4.4g
- of which saturates: 0.76g
- of which monounsaturates: 1.04g
- of which polyunsaturates: 2.65g
- Fibre: 8.9g
- Sodium: 13.25g
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.