- Indigo is an all-natural hair dye that can produce a range of effects when used in conjunction with other natural hair dyes, like henna
- It is 100% natural, and can enrich a dark hair colour, cover up grey hairs, dye hair a blue colour, or produce a brown to black hair colour with used in conjunction with henna
- It can be used as often as you like, as the natural colour is not damaging in the same way that chemical dye is
- Is completely and natural free from ammonia, metallic salts, PPD, lead, pesticide residue and peroxide
For a dark black colour:
- After applying a fresh henna treatment and rinsing it off thoroughly, mix the indigo powder with water.
- The dye will release in after 10 minutes. The paste will be ready to use as soon as the top of the mixture turns a very dark blue color.
- Wearing gloves, apply paste immediately to hair, wrap in plastic, and allow to in hair for 1-3hrs.
- Rinse it off thoroughly from your hair. For a bold Jet Black color, leave it on overnight.
For a rich brown colour:
- After the dye has been released in the paste, mix the indigo powder with water in a separate bowl.
- Allow for up to 10 minutes for the Indigo dye to release - the top of the paste will turn a very dark blue color.
- Immediately mix the indigo paste with the henna paste and then, wearing gloves, apply the mixture to your hair. Wrap your hair or cover it with a plastic cap and allow it to sit for 3-4 hours or longer for a deeper color. Rinse it off thoroughly from your hair
- Patch test: using this product will not cause any allergies compared to chemical hair dyes. However, we recommend skin testing for people with very sensitive skin by using a small quantity of this product before full application.
- Please note that the following waiting periods after use of hair dyes are strongly recommended before using this product:
- Semi permanent hair dyes - wait 2 weeks before henna / indigo
- Permanent hair dyes - wait 6 to 8 weeks before henna / indigo
- Bleaches and perm solutions - wait 6 to 8 weeks before henna, and up to 24 months before using indigo
- The waiting periods are recommended to ensure your hair stays healthy and to allow for the elimination of chemical build up. In the case of Indigo Powder, care must be taken to ensure that it is not used too soon after bleach (or before bleach) and perm solutions. Possible contraindications include hair turning green or blue. Should this happen, apply tomato sauce to the hair immediately for an hour, shampoo out, and repeat the tomato sauce applications as many times as necessary until the color fades. You can also try a henna application and rinse if off after two hours
- People with sensitive skin have reported mild headaches or itching of the scalp. If this occurs, please know that you have sensitive skin. You can remedy this by using some coconut oil or natural hair oils after washing out your hair. Massage in the coconut oil / natural hair oils into your hair and scalp to relieve itching or mild headaches. If itching persists please discontinue the use of this product
Ingredients / Materials
100% Pure Indigo (Fera Tinctoria) Powder
5 out of 7 people would recommend this product10/09/2018, By Mrs PlaatjiesIt does not spread well and it left my hair with grainy, fine bits which took weeks to wash off.17/08/2018, By BiniFirst time applying henna and indigo I didn't get the complete coverage I was looking for and the smell is quite intense and stays for days but it worked out better than expected. I will definitely use it again.22/06/2018, By SandraThis requires multiple applications in order to cover stubborn grey hairs. The powder is quite grainy and I did notice some fine particles which remained in my hair. I still want to give it another shot. Much better alternative than chemical dyes.05/06/2018, By TarnaDefinately will buy it again. Although Grainy it did color the hair black and of course I mixed mine with indian gooseberry powder (Amla Powder)11/02/2018, By MoniqueUnpleasant smell and it was Grass Green! Grainy and all together not user friendly.31/12/2017, By MaiTIt was my first time to use indigo for my hair. It dyed my hair a beautiful jet black and covered my greys. I found the texture rather grainy. And the smell of both henna and indigo lingers for days after- every time your hair gets wet.03/12/2017, By NsimbaI am amazed to see how well this worked to cover my grays. I used it after a henna treatment, and it changed my hair into a very nice natural black color.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.