- 100% chemical-free natural hair dye, producing a deep, rich brown with a hint of red
- Helps hair to increase resistance to breakage, while providing a smoother and shinier texture
- Can be mixed with other hair powders, like Indigo, Amla and Cassia
- Unlike many commercial hair dyes and treatments, henna contains no: peroxide, ammonia, PPD, pesticide residue, adulterants or lead
- Mix henna with a liquid of your choice: normal drinking water, lemon juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, distilled water, aloe vera juice or green tea. DO NOT MIX WITH BOILING WATER
- How much you use will depend on your hair length
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and let it soak for 3-4 hours or overnight, at room temperature. This will allow for the dye to release
- Wearing gloves, apply the paste to your hair and cover it with a plastic cap
- Let it sit in your hair for 2-4hrs, or longer for deeper colouring and conditioning
- Rinse it off thoroughly
People with sensitive skin have reported mild headaches or itching of the scalp. If this occurs, please know that you have sensitive skin. You can remedy this by using some coconut oil or natural hair oils after washing out your hair. Massage in the coconut oil / natural hair oils into your hair and scalp to relieve itching or mild headaches. If itching persists please discontinue use of this product.
- Some users of henna have reported reduction in curl. Every person’s hair is unique and will achieve varied results from Henna use. Some people report a better curl definition, that being said, it is not a universal effect, and differs for everyone.
- Henna has a distinct odour - some people love it, some hate it. After henna application, the smell lingers on your hair and fades after a while
- Some henna users report dry hair after use. Henna mimics a protein treatment and must be followed up with a moisturising deep conditioner to restore moisture to hair.
Ingredients / Materials
100% Pure Lawsonia Inermis
26 out of 26 people would recommend this product17/09/2018, By NashMy hair was very damaged from years of colouring however after the first use my hair felt instantly stronger. Great product and I will definitely be using this again, my hair had a nice natural red shine.12/09/2018, By KhuthadzoThis made my hair strong and less prone to breakage. It didn’t do a lot to change my hair color after mixing it with lemon but overall I am happy with the product. I’ll be using it every month.17/08/2018, By BiniFirst time applying henna and indigo, I didn't get the complete coverage I was looking for and the smell is quite intense and stays for days but it worked out better than expected. I will definitely use it again.12/08/2018, By IrenéThis product is absolutely great!! Did not smell bad like the henna you buy at the shop. Follow the instructions and you won’t be disappointed. I kept mine on for 2,5 hours and it really worked!! My hair feels amazing and I will definitely use this again!!11/08/2018, By MichelineBest henna! It was my first time using henna as hair mask as my hair was shading alot and I noticed a difference within the first use. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone14/07/2018, By AltheaI'm trying add a bit of colour to my hair without taking extreme measures. Normally when I colour my hair I don't see much difference unless there's peroxide involved. The henna added a beautiful red tinge and it was surprisingly easy to apply and rinse out. I'm looking forward to seeing how the colour improves after a few applications.03/07/2018, By MarindaLove it!22/06/2018, By SandraGreat product. Will keep buying.21/06/2018, By MrsPepperMy hair feels soft, is shiny and looks healthy.15/06/2018, By LaraIt lasts a long time. It'd be nicer if there were a wider variety of shades. It also takes a long time to set the colour. The henna made my hair feel soft and healthy.03/06/2018, By AbongileI made a henna gloss to put on my hair as it was my first henna application.
The mixture of henna, amla,bhringraj together with oils made my hair noticeably stronger with none of the mess that I'd expected! Everything was easy to wash out too. All the herbs I bought are from this particular brand of herbs and I love that they're ground to such a fine powder. This makes them easy to wash out of my curly hair. This will definitely be my go to brand.29/05/2018, By zanLOVE IT22/05/2018, By BinnyThis is a great natural way to get a rich colour, which leaves my hair super-shiny, full of body and healthy18/05/2018, By BreeMy favourite natural hair dye all year round!14/05/2018, By DeeIt was my first time using it and I'm impressed my hair look thick and healthy.12/05/2018, By AnnaFor medium length hair, how much should one mix of the packet and with what amount of desired fluids, I'll be using it for my first time, very excited!06/05/2018, By BasiMy hair felt and looked fuller and it covered my gray's beautifully. It did however leave my hair dry.05/05/2018, By WBKBeautiful henna. Applies easily and washes out just as easily. Unlike the other henna brand from this site this brand has a smooth consistency without the grainy feeling. Love it. The colour is softer and covers my greys fanatically. Will definitely recommend!09/04/2018, By MarionIt does not give that drying effect on my hair like the other henna types I've used before. Love it!26/03/2018, By lebogangI love this Henna, I use it as my protein treatment, My hair has stopped shedding and seems fuller.I keep on buying more and more of this product! Leaves a beautiful red shine on my dark brown hair and is an excellent natural moisturizer- my hair has never been this healthy and glossy!26/01/2018, By LouiseI keep on buying more and more of this product! Leaves a beautiful red shine on my dark brown hair and is an excellent natural moisturizer- my hair has never been this healthy and glossy!31/12/2017, By MaiTI used this with indigo to dye my hair black. It worked fantastically and will be using it again. My husband got an itchy scalp though after the indigo treatment.21/12/2017, By JacquiExcellent product...29/11/2017, By BronwenThis henna is lovely, applies easily and didn't leave my hair dry, like so many other henna does. My hair feels and looks thick and healthy and the color is far more natural. Love this product07/11/2017, By LizanneI mixed the henna with rooibos and lemon juice and got the perfect colour! Super impressed! Next time I’ll only mix half the packet though, as it was a LOT for my medium length hair.09/09/2017, By TashaBy far the best henna I've used on my hair! It applies smoothly and is not grainy like other henna powders. It actually has a consistency similar to conditioner when mixed with the correct amount of water. I love it! Will definitely be ordering some again.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.