- Truly raw: non-pasteurised means all the beneficial oils and nutrients have been left intact
- Locally grown: really fresh!
- Almonds need minimal pest control intervention
Choose your preferred volume from the dropdown menu top right
You can grind these up to make almond flour for your banting goodies, add to your smoothies, mix them up with other nuts and dried berries for a delicious snack, or sprinkle on your salads or in your savoury bakes.
Benefits of Almonds
- Cancer Prevention - Almonds are low in saturated fat and contain many other protective nutrients - calcium and magnesium - for strong bones, vitamin E and compounds called phytochemicals, which may help protect against cardiovascular disease and even cancer.
- Phytochemical Powerhouse
- Reduce Heart Attack Risk
- Lower Cholesterol
- One teeny ounce of almonds contains 12 percent of your daily allowance of protein. And absolutely no cholesterol, of course. You'll also get 35 percent of your daily allowance of vitamin E, that valuable antioxidant with so many cancer-fighting qualities. And most of the fat in almonds is monounsaturated, also known as the "good" fat.
- This little nut is also loaded with minerals like magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, as well as lots of healthy fiber. And don't forget calcium and folic acid - they're in there too!
- 20-25 almonds (approximately one ounce) contain as much calcium as 1/4 cup of milk, a valuable tool in preventing osteoporosis.
- Almonds are the best whole food source of vitamin E, in the form of alpha-tocopherol, which may help prevent cancer.
- If you're pregnant, or thinking about it, almonds are a great source of the folic acid you need!
- Almonds contain more magnesium than oatmeal or even spinach. Are you listening, Popeye?
- Build strong bones and teeth with the phosphorus in almonds.
What are unpasteurised almonds? It is law that if almonds are imported that they have to be pasteurised. This is done by either steam, irradiation, ionization, roasting, blanching, or treating them with propylene oxide (PPO), which is a known carcinogen. Almonds that have been treated this way can still be labelled “raw”. However these treatments can damage the amazing nutrients and oils in almonds, which is the reason to eat them in the first place! These Almonds from By Nature are unpasteurised as they are grown locally and because they are grown here, you also get them much fresher, making them really delicious.
Raw unpasteurised almonds
34 out of 34 people would recommend this product11/02/2020, By ChayaVery good quality19/07/2019, By VredehoekFoodieRaw, unpasteurised and local! At last an almond that tastes like almonds should! THE best almonds on the market.08/07/2019, By Deborahwonderful to find these natural raw almonds - will never get store-bought almonds again, you cannot beat the taste20/05/2019, By LeslieCI am a firm believer in the health benefits of raw almonds and these are the only ones I eat. Unpasteurised makes a difference to both the nutritional content and taste. Thank you FtN for sourcing them.08/05/2019, By AlThese almonds are just so fresh and crunchy ~ I love them!15/04/2019, By JenGreat product05/03/2019, By RowenaWe really enjoy these almonds for making almond milk21/02/2019, By EuniceGood30/01/2019, By KaelanThese are the perfect snack or add on to any meal24/12/2018, By NickLovely!06/11/2018, By BuyiThese are honestly so amazing!!! You can literally add them you anything03/10/2018, By RebeccaI'm nuts about almond nuts27/09/2018, By KaeylaAlways fresh and delicious15/08/2018, By SandraI love knowing I am getting all the goodness these little nuts have to offer. I soak and dehdrate them, eat them raw, make almond milk, add them to my cereal.19/06/2018, By MichaelA little bit pricey compared to other sources of almonds, BUT the SA source is tastier.07/05/2018, By JahAs with every product I have tried in the By Nature range, it hasn't disappointed me so far. Very fresh tasting almonds!06/05/2018, By KayI love nuts and these almonds are one of my favorite snacks. The price is the only thing that trips me but I try to wait for the specials to stock up and try to make a packet last for as long as possible.17/04/2018, By RUTHMy special treat - love love raw almonds, just don't love the price !01/04/2018, By NadineLove these nuts. You can actually taste the difference in quality. Love that it's more nutritious and locally grown.27/03/2018, By RUTHI love love almonds - and the raw ones just seem better !
A favourite addition to my morning smoothies, and treated like gold as they are very pricey everywhere26/03/2018, By MichelleLovely quality raw almonds. Just wish they weren't so pricey :)04/03/2018, By JeannieDelicious and always fresh.18/01/2018, By ChelleTasty and crunchy snack throughout the day.08/12/2017, By CindyBought as a gift, but have to admit that the packet looks larger online.27/11/2017, By TravisAmazing nuts! so good for you and so much better than peanuts!27/11/2017, By ClaireVery fresh and crunchy28/10/2017, By SaschaTastes great and isn't over-packaged28/10/2017, By LaurenThese almonds are great quality and really delicious. They are quite expensive but I suppose that is not uncommon for almonds.16/10/2017, By HannetjieHeerlik08/10/2017, By JacquiDelicious and fresh.31/08/2017, By YvonneDefinitely the best tasting almonds you will find anywhere. The only negative is the price.18/08/2017, By AnelI love that it is local, but just slightly too expensive to buy all the time :(02/08/2017, By RUTHI always try to support local and these definitely have a great taste21/09/2016, By PierI just love how natural and nutty these almonds taste. You can really taste that they are almonds - they don have that bland taste that supermarket almonds have. Love these!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.